It was such a nice surprise, as I have not been a blogger for very long, and I am humbled to think my little blog means something to someone besides myself. :-)
June has become a wonderful blog friend in the short time I've known her, and I am always so impressed at the beautiful creations she shares on her blog, plus her beautiful altruistic nature and outreach towards good causes. Thank you June!
Now that I have received the award the rules that go along with it are such:
- Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and/or make my day
- Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
- Display the “You Make my Day Award” logo.
- Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.
I hereby give the You Make My Day Award to the following blogs:
- BlueberryMoon's Journal - a blog by a wonderful folk artist who lives in Nova Scotia. She shares her whimsical paintings, beautiful photography, delicious recipes and snippets of her everyday life. This is one of the first blogs I encountered on the internet, and I have been reading and enjoying it for years!
- Pomegranates and Paper - a blog written by another NY compatriot, and a columnist for the Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine. I love how "Mrs Pom" writes about her family, her neighborhood, her job, her house, and her artwork with humor and candor, and I only wish I had a tenth of her energy, talent, and joie de vivre!
- ljcfyi - this is Little Jenny C's "for your information" blog, and she is a treasure trove of fun everyday discoveries! She is a web designer for Kodak, and her blog is chock full of wonderful links and fun facts about herself, her family, her job, her crafts, her photos, and all the cute little things she finds everyday that bring her joy. "Joy" should be Jenny's middle name, as she not only finds joy, she gives joy!
- An Irish Craftworkers Good Life - I have been reading Rebecca's blog for quite a long time, also. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon her, but I am so glad I did. She is a wonderful felt artist, and she and her husband gave up high stress professional jobs to go back to a rural part of Ireland and become self sustaining through their crafts and running a farm house with live stock. I guess because I am a city born and bred woman, I am fascinated by her life, and I am in awe of her determination to raise her daughters in an eco-conscious environment. Her other and newer blog, Sally Gardens, describes more clearly how long and hard they work doing this, also the happiness of their little family as they have become almost entirely self sufficient living off the land.
- Chocolate and Zucchini - I doubt there are bloggers who do not yet know and admire Clotilde Dusoulier's blog about all things food related. In four years she has become the French "Martha Stewart" of food blogs, the expert, the one who has, through her writing and photography, captured the media's attention and has now been able to become a full time food writer and published popular cookbooks, with another on the way! Yet she has remained the same sweet, enthusiastic young woman who is interested in healthy food and ingredients, but also with a passion for anything sweet, and in particular chocolate. How could I resist her blog? I doubt I will ever be able to go to Paris, but I'm living and eating there vicariously through her blog!
So that is my choice of bloggers who "make my day," but I also want to say that every blog I read is a wonderful window that looks into another life, and the blogs I listed above are only the windows that I've been peaking through for a long, long time. I'm sure as the days, and months, and years go by I will have many more blogs that will be among my favorite. Blogging, both reading and writing, has become an exciting and full filling adventure!
Thank you ....... YOU make my day! :-)