Friday, June 13, 2008

Doubled Tagged By Blogger Friends!

Two sweet blog friends have tagged me to participate in the same meme!

Jan, of Day Lily Lane, tagged me on June 4th, while I was in the middle of my Ireland travelogue, and Donna, of An Enchanted Cottage, tagged me today!

Thank you both for thinking about me, and including me in the fun!

Jan, of Daylily Lane, is always engaged in very nice activities for her family, friends and church, and delights in displaying her beautiful garden's daylily flowers on her blog. Jan is presently making very pretty stuffed star window toppers in red white and blue for the July 4th holiday for her ETSY shop, but will also take orders through her blog. They are delightful!

Donna, of An Enchanted Cottage, has a very enchanting blog where you can view her wonderfully talented transformation efforts towards turning her house and furniture from dark country primitive to chic New England cottage white. She finds the most wonderful collectibles, fountains, and birdbaths, and she shares her backyard "critter" visits with a wonderful sense of humor and fantastic photography. Most importantly, Donna's love for her family shines through everything she does for her beautiful home!

I encourage you to visit both blogs and say hello!

Please have a piece of cake and some coffee or tea to enjoy while you read on .....


OK --Here are the five questions I must answer and then tag five more bloggers to join in:
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
June 1998? It seems like yesterday! My son had just completed his first year at college in Washington, D.C. and my daughter had just finished her junior year of high school. My husband and I were adjusting to having two burgeoning adults within our mist! How did our babies grow up so fast? No more soccer and little league games, no more dance recitals and girl scouts. What were we to do? We decided to get involved with new hobbies, and I finally learned how to operate a computer. We started going back to the opera and out to dinner! Life was still good!

2. Five things on my "To-Do" list:
1. De-clutter and start redistributing back the childhood mementos that my now two adult children have left behind. Don't worry V and L. I won't throw anything away without your permission. No regretfully "lost" baseball cards or doll house will be my legacy!

2. Organize all those pre-digital photos that are still waiting to be placed in albums/scrapbooks

3. Sadly part with a large part of the stacks and stacks of magazines and books that have been piling up because I enjoy them all so much.

4. Take some trips into the city to re visit and enjoy some places I haven't seen in awhile, and of course bring my camera and take notes to blog about it!

5. Enjoy the lazy, hazy days of summer!

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Salty or sweet, chewy and crunchy. There isn't much that I don't enjoy! I have been trying to eat more nuts for the Omega 3, and berries and red grapes for their antioxidants.

4. Things I would do if I were a millionaire/billionaire?:
I'd try to invest it wisely and make it grow even more so I can distribute it towards retirement, my children's future and my future grandchild's education, and make frequent contributions to our church and favorite charities and non-profit organizations. I'd also love to splurge with some of the money and take a cruise around the world with my husband!

5. Places I have lived:
Only one --Brooklyn, New York!

Now, for these same 5 questions, I am tagging the following bloggers I'd love to learn more about:

Beverly at How Sweet The Sound

Mrs B at Mrs B

Lisa at Lisa's Retrostyle

Louise at Home Is Where the Heart Is

Vee at A Haven For Vee

I hope you all join in when you have a chance, and only if you wish to! Thanks!


Bo and I wish you all a good weekend!

15 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Hi Pat! I haven't been getting around much the last couple days and I see that I missed your birthday! So, Happy Belated Birthday! The albums from your daughter are such a nice gift!

I love learning more about my bloggy friends with these memes. I need to do some photo organizing too, and I don't even want to talk about my stacks of magazines! Thank you for thinking of me. I'd be happy to play along.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Hey Pat! Thanks for including me in the fun!! That was the easiest meme I've ever done...my post is already up! lol!!

Louise said...

Hi Pat. I've got piles of gardening magazines which I cannot bring myself to part with, and also lots and lots of loose photos with no real home! Nice to learn some more about you. Thanks for tagging me. If you look down a few of my posts you will see I have been given this one and completed it. I shall add your name to the other three! x

Tara said...

Hi Pat

Thanks for your wonderful comments about our yard--it went from zip to somewhere special like on a HGTV show! I can't believe it!

I love how you are a Brooklyn girl from start to finish...my Dad says you can take the guy out of Brooklyn but not the Brooklyn out of the guy. When I was in college my roommate told me when I spoke to my parents on the phone, I had a Brooklyn accent! Hee-hee!

I, too, would have a problem giving up the magazines...there's always a recipe I wanted to save but was too lazy to take out...ah, well! Can't keep it all!
And it so sounds like you are enjoying this part of your life...I am still in the craziness of family raising but, through you, I know I am really going to enjoy myself!
Have a great weekend!
:0)
Tara
P>S> Happy Belated BDAY!

PAT said...

Good morning Pat

Your list has a familiar ring to it. I too, learned the computer about 10 years ago and I have a stack of books and magazines that is amazing. Now and then we weed the magazines out and take them to our local sheltered workshop, where they are recycled.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Pat

Vee said...

Right back at ya, Pat...a very nice, relaxing weekend to you as you honor the dads in your life.

Vee said...

Oops, forgot the important part...yes, I'll participate in the MEME one day next week. Thank you! Sometimes I need the help...I'll let you know when I put it up.

Betsy Brock said...

Very nice list, Pat! It's fun to get to know blog buddies a little better! That piece of cake is something else...bigger than the teacup! LOL Yum! I did that chore of going through 10 years of magazines a few years back. I flipped through each one and pulled out the picture/article I wanted to keep and organized them in files. About 10 feet of magazines got down to about 13 inches of files. It was wonderful! Good luck in all that de-cluttering...how fun!

Tess Kincaid said...

Double blogged? Well looks like "you're it"! teehee!! I'll have to pop in to visit all these new bloggers. I love these memes. Gives us the chance to get to know each other better! Happy Saturday! :)

Anonymous said...

Pat, it was so fun reading about you. I will respond one day next week.

I know what you mean about the things they leave behind. We would take something with us every time we went to our son's until we had moved all of it. I don't even want to know what he did with all of that stuff.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Sweet dreams Bo! Have a great weekend Pat!
Hugs, Sherry

Just A Girl said...

Hi Pat,
It's always nice to learn new details about blogger freinds lives. I think you and I have a similar problem when it comes to magazines but parting with them is like saying good bye to an old friend. I wish you luck on that! :)

Cori

Unknown said...

Hi Pat, I'll do exactly the same like you if I am billionaire...its nice to dream :D

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I am so far behind. Sorry I haven't visited. I love reading the tidbits about your life. Bo is a beauty!

((hugs)) Rosie

Lavinia said...

Pat, a most enjoyable post. I would *love* a slice of that cake and some coffee....

Quite interesting to learn a little more about you. I heartily endorse your cruise around the world, but you know, you don't really need to be a milionaire to do that; saving toward it is a do-able goal, I think? Of course I'm speaking as one who hasn't looked into the cost of it...I might be in for a big surprise and eat my words? ha ha ha