Monday, December 15, 2008

Thank You!


This past weekend was filled with many phone calls to pass along our good news, and to receive congratulations from family and friends on the birth of our first grandchild!
This is our son holding his precious son moments after his birth. I know he'll be a great Daddy, just as his Dad has always been for him.

Here are the happy new parents at home snuggling with their new baby and their pet dog, Mauri. So far Mauri seems to think his role is to be protector and guardian of the baby, so all is well.

Do you remember all the past photos I showed of baby shower gifts I gave to the baby? The profusion of outfits with lions on them? This is my favorite.


Our little grandson is the first grandchild to carry forth my husband's last name, as my son was the only grandson of my in-laws, so his birth was an extra exciting event for us because of that!
I will always associate my grandson with lions, and strength, and I pray for a long and happy life for him.


I want to thank you all for your congratulations and best wishes on his birth ! It was so wonderful to share our excitement with you all!
I am slowly trying to answer each and every comment as quickly as I can, and I've been enjoying all the wonderful Christmas festivities going on at every blog!
I have received some wonderful awards the past few days that I'd like to acknowledge.


Tracy and Jojo gave awarded me with the "Proximidade Award"

The Proximidade Award focuses on the development of friendship and camaraderie through the blogging community. "Bloggers who receive this award are exceedingly charming, say its authors. They aren't interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement but to propagate friendships."


Melissa gave me the "Christmas Spirit" award

This award's rules are:
You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas. You must link back to the person who gave you the award. You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going! Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.


I could list a million things I love about Christmas, but my five favorites are:
1) Celebrating the holiday with family and being together in joy.
2) Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve where we welcome Jesus with song and worship.
3) "The feast of the Seven Fishes" on Christmas Eve, which is an Italian tradition that I have embraced to carry on in my family after my mother-in-law became too ill to do it anymore. Sometimes we have even more than seven fish dishes, as everyone has their favorite, and I hate to disappoint, so I make them all.
4) Christmas cookies! I love to bake, so I usually bake the family favorites and each year try one new recipe. I'll share the new one I tried this year very soon.
5) Our Christmas tree! We have been getting a real tree for many years and each and every ornament I put on it has a memory attached to it, so it is a recording of all our Christmases together.
I will be adding a special few for Leo this year but I will be doing that at my son and daughter-in-law's home, as we will be celebrating with them this year.

I am passing both these wonderful awards on to all of you in friendship and in the spirit of Christmas!
Enjoy!

41 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Pat,

THANK YOU for sharing!
He is just an amazing baby already! Look at that precious little face.

Congrats again and I couldn't think of a blogger more deserving than you for the Christmas Spirit award. Loved all of your answers.
I haven't been to midnight mass in a long time. It sure does bring back some good family memories.

Have a wonderful week and we are all enjoying Leo's new photos. I really like the name since it's my sign. Sounds good!

~Melissa :)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

All this excitement and you STILL manage to put together a great post. :-) Next you know you'll be telling me you're working on that Daring Bakers' challenge, LOL.

I am so, so happy for you! Your son looks ecstatic (and your daughter-in-law looks amazing...I certainly don't look that good today and I didn't just give birth! Leo has good genes.).

Thank you for sharing...so exciting!
xo, Laura

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

I just couldn't be happier for you Pat! What a Christmas to remember!!

Unknown said...

Pat those pictures are priceless! There is nothing like seeing your child hold their child for the very first time!

Congratulations to the all the happy parents and grandparents!

Love his name by the way!

Anonymous said...

Look at that little meatball! How cute!

steviewren said...

The family looks so sweet together. I know you can't wait for the time to come to go to Denver. I'm sure your home is filled with a sweet Christmas spirit every year but I be this year is extra special.

Just A Girl said...

Hello Pat,
I'm at work and just wanted to pop by for a second to wish you a happy Monday. I'll bet you are just counting the days. Good things come to those that wait and a new grand baby is definitely a good thing!

Have fun!

xo Cori

Lorrie said...

Hello Pat--Congratulations again on Leo's arrival. I love seeing the pictures of him with his mom and dad!

Jojo said...

It was so nice to read about his name as we looked at the photos. He will be one extraordinary Leo...well, he already is!!!

God bless you all.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

He is absolutely beautiful! I loved how you gave the story behind his name. I know you must be crazy about him. Your son and his wife look so happy. This will change your family forever and Leo will bring so much love and fun.I can't wait to see the pictures of you holding little Leo.

aliceinparis said...

Oh what a lovely picture of the three of them! I look forward to a picture of you and Leo!
Cheers, Shelagh

Rue said...

He's absolutely beautiful Pat!!!! Congratulations once again :)

I don't have any news THAT exciting, but I do have some news to share ;)

love to you
rue

Marg said...

What a beautiful Grandson! Leo!
It's so exciting to see your joy abound this event.
It sounds like you will have the best Christmas ever, enjoying the family.

Kathy said...

Leo is just so cute Pat, your photographs and story of his name and the family links is precious, I am so happy for you all.
Congratulations on your awards, I have been reading about the feast of the seven fishes. I know you will have a wonderful week, hugs, Kathy.

Willow said...

I am delighted to see all the photos and hear the story of Leo your little lion! Congratulations!

I loved your Christmas Spirit award comments!

Vee said...

Those photos just make me grin. I love seeing new parents. Certainly, they're going to be wonderful ones as they'll receive so much support and love from their families. Leo still looks content. :D

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Pat!
Wes and I agree, Leo is sooo handsome, well we said beautiful but some folks like to hear handsome for a boy. Both his Daddy and his Grandpa are goodlooking so he'll be breakin some hearts before you know it! Thanks so much for letting us see the baby photos!! It's so exciting and I KNOW how you feel right now. What a special time in life.
Big hugs,Sherry
Take your time visiting, we'll all be here!

Sue said...

Beautiful family!!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Oh Pat, your little Leo is so cute! His parents certainly look proud. I can relate to the Lion since I am a Leo!!!

Congrats on your awards, you are so deserving.

Rhonda

Unknown said...

Thank you Pat for sharing. I am so happy over the safe delivery and the arrival of baby Leo. I dont know anyone named Leo but I am glad to know this little tiger..you've got the best Christmas present ever :D big hugs always

Strider said...

Good looking grandson! Congrats to all!!! I thought you might be interested in the meaning of Leo's name from "The Name Book" by Dorothy Astoria. The inherent meaning is Lionhearted. The Spiritual conontation is Courageous. Deuteronomy 31:6 Only be strong and very courageous, be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you....so that you may have success wherever you go. Blessings my friend.

nonizamboni said...

Many congratulations on your 'first'~~welcome Sweet Leo, into the world!
Merry Christmas too!

Darius T. Williams said...

Oh wow - thanks so much for sharing...I know these are very happy times!

Deb said...

Congratulations Pat on the arrival of your beautiful little grandson Leo! What a perfect Christmas gift.

Anonymous said...

What a special Christmas it will be Pat! Hugs and more Hugs. I am so excited for you. :-)

May little Leo have the braveness of a lion as he grows. Midnight Mass is so special.

Bo said...

Thank you for posting the latest photos of your precious grandson!
He looks so healthy and his daddy looks so proud...congratulations on your awards too. ;-) Bo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Pat, this just brought sweet tears to my eyes! Have I told you today how happy I am for all of you? Well, I am! Leo is PRECIOUS!

I loved seeing all of these pictures, and I look forward to many more of that cute baby boy!

Speaking of pictures, if you get a chance in all that's going on, I have an ornament on my tree that I posted in honor of you! It's on the Monday post which is a combined Blue Monday and Open House post. :-)

I am so happy that we have a happy beginning with this new little grandbaby! :-)

xo,

Sheila

Judy said...

What a nice story behind the name! Thanks for sharing all the pricelss pic's. Blessings to you all...and may you have the best Christmas ever.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family!!!

I love your list, Pat

Anonymous said...

Pat, I know you must be about to burst to get that sweet Leo in your arms. He is a lucky baby to be born to such a loving family.

Congratulations on your awards, and many thanks for sharing.

Fifi Flowers said...

VERY CUTE! Congratulations!

Tara said...

Pat

What a lovely time for you and your family! SO happy for you--he is a cutie--well, they both are, Dad and son...

well deserved awards!

:0)
Tara

Nola said...

What a precious baby; you will have a truly blessed Christmas with your new little Leo.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Leo is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to all the happy parents and grandparents!
Happy Christmas too!

Nihal said...

Ayyyyy Carissima Pat and her Family, AUGURI di cuore!
Lovely handsome little baby Leo welcome to the world. We are sad to let you know because the world is facing some unpleasant happenings but it's our promise that it will be better and peaceful place with our love and sharing till you become a young man, Leo:) You try to drink milk, sleep well, eat good foodies what your mom gives until that day, OK:)

Congratulations Pat. A Leo in december also acceptable, lol:)

Leo is one of my favorite names because of my sign.

Looking fwd to seeing more photos, Pat. Pls do your best.

Naz said...

I've told my family about your grandson because ironically not only was he born on my father's birthday, Dec. 12, but my father-in-law's name was Leo.
Being of Armenian descent I really enjoyed reading that there were 5 Armenian kings named Leo.
God bless you and your family.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Naz!
Do you have a blog? When I click on your profile it does not show one.
Thank for your comments --I'm always happy to hear from you!
Hugs, Pat

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Happiness.

Naz said...

Hi Pat,
I don't have a blog. Maybe one day lol famous last words.
I do enjoy your blog albeit I might not comment all the time.
May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Proud Italian Cook said...

Little Leo is beautiful and how proud your son looks, what a joyful x-mas you will have this year!

Gina said...

So sorry, I should have started at your earlier posts! oh well you have to awards now :D Gorgeous photos of darling little Leo and his proud parents Gxox