Monday, March 5, 2012

"A Slice of Brooklyn" TV Show!


In the past I've written posts about The Slice of Brooklyn Pizza TourThe Slice of Brooklyn Neighborhood Tour Part OnePart Two, and Part Three, and The Slice of Brooklyn Christmas Lights and Cannoli Tour," and now I'm excited to announce that there will be an hour long special on the Travel Channel on Wednesday, March 7th, at 10 PM called  "Slice of Brooklyn,"  which will show the joys, trials and tribulations of running a successful family run tours in the popular New York City borough of Brooklyn.



MyFoxNY.com interview the tour owner, Tony Muia, about the show, which you can see in the video above.

Here is how the Travel Channel describes the show:

"Slice of Brooklyn" is an authentic, fun and informative glimpse into the lives of native Brooklynites Tony Muia, his cousin Paula, and his friends from the old neighborhood that he appropriately calls his "consiglieri": Uncle Louie, Fat Sal and Frankie Pancakes.

What makes this oddball family so special is that they run a small but
very successful tour bus company highlighting the best foods, neighborhoods, landmarks and famous movie locations in Brooklyn, NY. 

Their wildly popular pizza tour is always booked to capacity and has
even been voted the #1 tour of Brooklyn on Tripadvisor!

But there are bigger fish swarming through the East River from Manhattan
and they're trying to gobble up his clients.  Will Tony be able to keep his business afloat with multi-million dollar tour companies looking to take over his turf? One thing for sure is that Tony is not going down without a fight."

 


A short Travel Channel promo video for the show is above.  As you can see, there is some strong language, which I imagine remains "bleeped" out, but the producers of the show wanted this type of reality grittiness.

* As full disclosure, The Slice of Brooklyn tour host,Tony Muia, is a relative of my husband.  Good luck Tony!  You and Paula are excellent tour guides and show how wonderful Brooklyn really is! We are thrilled for you and wish you much success with the show! 



Bookmark and Share


27 comments:

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Pat, this looks like a fun show and I wish your hubby's cousin good luck. I really enjoyed looking over your past slice of Brooklyn posts. The pictures of the Heights brought back such memories. You have the Beecher memorial on Hicks St., and we lived at 148 Hicks St. (long ago!) which was one of the few wood frame buildings left. I'm reading a book now about the civil war monuments in Connecticut, and I found out that Hartford's memorial is similar to the one you are showing in Brooklyn, in the form of an arc with carvings in relief and statues on it! So interesting to see the connections from that time. Thank you again for your wonderful efforts on your blog. I really enjoy it. Linda

podso said...

It's so great to hear the accent! And see the food! Thanks for letting us know!

podso said...

It's so great to hear the accent! And see the food! Thanks for letting us know!

Anonymous said...

I love Tony and his advisors! Great stuff, the real deal...I'm sitting here salivating for some of that pizza! Hope his show does great and the Manhattan guys leave his tours alone!

Jojo said...

Fun! I hope I remember to tune in. Good luck to Tony and family.

Sarah said...

Pat, this looks like a fun show. I'll plan to watch.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello There, Since I've been away from blogging for a week, I have alot of catching up to do. We had a wonderful trip to Arkansas --but it's great to visit with my blog friends. Hope things are going well with you.

Sounds like a great show, Pat... I thought at first that you had something to do with it --since your photos ans info is wonderful... Good Luck to Tony.
Hugs,
Betsy

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

This sounds like a fun show. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Lacey R said...

Hubs and I loved the pizza tour! We went back in 2010 and Paula was absolutely awesome as a tour guide. We highly recommend it!

Linda said...

I love seeing New York and hearing all about the the places familiar to YOU! I like the accent, too!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Very cool!!!

Lisa@GrandmasBriefs said...

Yeah! I'm officially less than six degrees away from THE star. Good luck, Tony!

Pondside said...

I'm home that night and will tune in. Thanks for the heads up!

Tanna said...

Wishing Tony and Paula all the luck!! If I ever get there, I'm on their tour bus! blessings ~ tanna

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I love this Pat! I am gonna watch! LOVE the travel channel. Will feel like I "know" them because of your post!

Snap said...

Good luck to your hubby's cousin on the new show. Looks like fun!

Gracie said...

Finally I had the time to catch up with your blog, and as always it's been a pleasure! Thanks for taking me (again) with you to the other part of the world!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Pat - I'll be sure to tune in, but I think their business would be even more successful if they hired you as a tour guide.

Carol said...

Very cool! I wish him a lot of luck.
Spumoni Gardens! Looks like a great show, thanks for the heads up, I didn't know about it.

Linda said...

What fun! Good luck to Tony! It brings back memories of my childhood memories to NY visiting my dad's family!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

How wonderful that they are airing this show! Can't wait to see it.

John M said...

I hope I can get the show where I now live, in Virginia. Brooklyn is a special place for me.

Tara said...

I'll be telling my Park Slope parents to tune in--thanks for the tip!

Vicki/Jake said...

Something to help me get back into life as it should be...I'll watch it and think of you:)

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

I will be tuning in tonight! What fun!

Cathy said...

This does sound like fun, Pat. I'm going to set it to record right now so I don't forget and miss it. If I do make it to Brooklyn one day a tour would be the way to go. Thanks.

steviewren said...

Darn, I missed it, but maybe I'll be able to catch it as a rerun one day. Good luck to them!