Monday, June 4, 2012

New Michelob ULTRA Light Cider - A Refreshing New Taste



Attention New York ... and almost the rest of the USA!

There is a new beverage in town that I know you will want to try!




When Anheuser-Busch's Michelob ULTRA announced the newest addition to its portfolio, Michelob ULTRA Light Cider, a naturally sweetened and gluten-free cider made from crisp apples, I could not wait to try it, as I've been searching for a new refreshing light alcoholic beverage to offer guests other than beer or wine.


Featuring one-third fewer calories (120) and a more mellowed sweetness than traditional ciders, Michelob ULTRA Light Cider is ideal for year-round enjoyment and provides a light, refreshing alternative to white wine, champagne and heavier ciders. The fact that it is naturally Gluten Free, is a bonus to me, as members of my family are gluten sensitive. When I was asked by Anheuser-Busch, through Blogher, to do a review of the Michelob ULTRA Light Cider I decided to serve the cider at my first backyard barbecue of the season.


Michelob ULTRA Light Cider tastes crisp, light and refreshing. It has 1/3 fewer calories than an average of the leading regular hard ciders, 120 cal./serving in light hard cider vs. 180 cal./serving in an average of the leading hard ciders. It's lightly sweet taste and sparkling bubbles complimented my antipasti course of cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and marinated artichoke hearts perfectly!


For dinner I served grilled toasted sesame ginger crusted salmon, along with roasted fingerling potatoes, and roasted cauliflower with a tri-color pepper and capers medley. The chilled Michelob ULTRA Light Cider was a wonderful and refreshing accompaniment to our meal and a drink that I would be able to enjoy year round. I enjoyed my cider served over ice, and my husband drank his cider straight, using his favorite frosty mug.


Michelob ULTRA Light cider will be available nationwide (excluding CO, UT, WY and OK) beginning May 7, 2012, and will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce clear glass bottles.



Naturally sweetened and made from hand-picked apples, the cider was so good I popped a few of my garden's first strawberries into my glass and drank another cider as dessert! Michelob ULTRA Light Cider will be a welcome addition to my beverage selection year round. I hope you will look for it at your local store and give it a try.

Which favorite summer meal or activity do you think would go best with Michelob ULTRA Cider? I'd love to know!

As full disclosure, I have been compensated to buy and try Michelob Ultra Light Cider, by Anheuser-Busch and Blogher, but all opinions stated are my own.
.

No comments: