Three cookies! That's all that was left from the two dozen I made as a treat for my daughter, daughter-in-law and grandchildren after a trek to the mall to visit the Easter Bunny.
When we arrived back to my house, the Peanut Butter cookies I made that afternoon were a big hit! Since my daughter-in-law and youngest grandson are gluten sensitive, I had searched online for an easy gluten free recipe and came upon one on the PBS Parents web site that required only four ingredients. I had to share the recipe with you, because these are so easy to make and taste really good! Give them a try even if you aren't gluten sensitive. They would also be easy cookies for young children to help make.
Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on low speed until well combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough 1 1/2-inches apart onto the baking sheet. If you don't have a cookie scoop, drop the dough with a spoon.
- Flatten the dough balls the tines of a fork, making a cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to rest on the counter for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack
The dough made a dozen generous sized cookies -- you could make them smaller if you'd like more. I used extra crunchy peanut butter and obviously I did not press the fork indentations into them too hard -- I'll do a better job next time. I made a second batch and placed about a half cup of chocolate chips in the dough before cooking to add some variety. If you like the taste of peanut butter you'll enjoy these cookies!
Can you believe that Easter will soon be here? We are expecting a snow storm this weekend, so like in many other parts of the country we have to wait a little longer for signs of Spring to arrive. Has Spring come to you area as yet?
I'm adding this post to the following blog events:
Thursday Inspiration -- this week the word is "Round"
A big thank you to all the blog hosts!