(1) Even though the calender says" Spring," we can still have very changeable weather on the Front Range of Colorado. One day it is 65 degrees and sunny, the next below freezing and snowing. The mild, sunny days usually outweigh the more cooler days, so I can't complain. This was our first full winter living in Colorado, and it was a very good one!
(2) My husband and I, and our children and their families, live in what is considered Metro Denver--which is comprised of the city of Denver plus the surrounding suburbs. The city and county of Denver is comprised of over 634, 000 people, while Metro Denver is made up of a total of approximately 2.9 million people, and rapidly growing! Denver is built on the high plains, east of the Rocky Mountains, and although it is a mile high in elevation it is also one of the flattest cities in America! If you click on the photo above to enlarge it, you will see the white peaks of Denver International Airport in the upper right of the photo. Very soon there will be light rail service connecting Union Station in the city of Denver to the airport--very exciting news!
(3) Three very special people who live in the Denver Metro area are my two grandsons and my granddaughter! They are the main reason my husband and I moved 1,800 miles west from New York City last year, so that we could live near them. Of course, we also enjoy living close to their parents, but our extra special joy these days is to be able to watch our grandchildren grow up!
(4) This past weekend we celebrated my youngest grandson's third birthday! Happy birthday, "M"! Nonna and Nonno love you very much! You are the brightest, funniest, most lovable and sweet three year old we know!
(5) My husband and I are excited about our new life in Colorado and we love discovering all this state has to offer. One of the fun activities my husband and I took part in during our recent trip to the Rocky Mountain town of Breckenridge, beside visiting the Ice Castles, was a sleigh ride! It was something I've always wanted to do since I was a child, and I wasn't disappointed! My next blog post will be about this wonderfully fun adventure....hope you will come back to join me then!
To see more Random Five Friday posts please visit Nancy at A Rural Journey