Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pink Saturday Visit to Celestial Seasonings Tea Shop

Today is Pink Saturday at Beverly's blog How Sweet The Sound! If you like the color pink be sure to visit Beverly's blog today to see links to many blogs with the most wonderful pink posts.

I was recently away on vacation, visiting a few states in the beautiful West, and one stop I made was one of my favorite attractions in Boulder, Colorado -- the Celestial Seasonings tea factory located at 4600 Sleepytime Drive.
I saw lots of pretty pinks in the Celestial Seasonings Tea Shop! The shop is located on the factory grounds and is always a nice place to visit to stock up on favorite Celestial Seasonings teas, and tea time accessories and tea sets.

Many of the tea sets were displayed in beautiful antique china cabinets like this one.

I thought that this pink and white stripe set was very dainty and I liked the cups that had covers to help keep a cup of tea warm. ( to see more detail, all photos will enlarge when clicked on )

I loved the pieces of this tea set pattern that were in the shape of a rose!

A beautiful delicate formal set, decorated with realistic pink roses.

This pattern was among my favorites, As a cat fancier I loved the cool black cat graphic. Black and pink go so well together, don't they?

Celestial Seasoning's offers a free factory tour of their facilities on site, which is interesting and a lot of fun to go on. Experiencing the "mint room" is a highlight you will not forget. There is also a virtual tour link on their web site that will give you an idea about what you will see on the tour.

Before and after the tour visitors can also sample a variety of their flavorful herb blended teas for free, and you can also have breakfast or lunch in the new Celestial Cafe.

This beautiful and cleverly designed dress was on display in the tea sample room. It was made entirely with Celestial Seasonings tea boxes and tea packets.

A display of mugs, many of them displaying the original artwork Celestial Seasonings has commissioned as designs for their tea boxes.

I hope that if you have a chance to visit the beautiful city of Boulder, Colorado, you'll consider a visit to Celestial Seasonings to enjoy some tea and perhaps find the pink tea set of your dreams in their tea shop. I know I did!

36 comments:

Miss Jean said...

Is Boulder near Denver? Our son moved there and we are planning a visit. I've been told that Celestial Seasons is a must!

Peter @ italyMONDO! said...

Looks like a pretty pristine place to visit! I'll remember it when I make my first trip to CO.

Regina said...

What a lovely shop and the tea cups are pretty.
Happy Pink Saturday!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I wouldn't be able to resist buying some of that china. What a fun place to visit (and partake of a cuppa).

aliceinparis said...

I have been a fan of theirs for years. I have to say that prefer their old packaging, so distinctive.
My fave is Bangal Spice....I adore that tea!

Anonymous said...

They do have some cute little tea sets in that shop...I love their tea too!!

caren said...

Thank you so much for sharing....that was fun! I would love to have the pink striped set. Happy PS!

steviewren said...

Pat, I love the cat tea set!!! I hope you bought a piece of that one for yourself. Celestial Seasonings always has the best artwork on their packages. If I'm every out that way I will be sure to more it part of my itinerary.

I've got a ton to catch up on here. I'll be back soon!

Just A Girl said...

Hi Pat,
Did you happen to pick up any of their Almond Sunset Tea? It's one of their dessert teas that is so delicious and hard to find. This looks like a fun place to visit.
How is little Leo doing? I'm sure he's growing by leaps and bounds.
Have a great Saturday!

xoxo Cori

Helen said...

What a charming post today! Tea pots, cups and saucers ~ they always take me back to childhood and the warm, comfy, secure rooms of my grandmother's home .........

Lynn said...

A tea dress! Who knew?!
I also enjoyed the Cold War history lesson. I remember being afraid a lot when I was a kid. Always fearing that someone would push the button!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This was a wonderful tour, Pat. The different tea sets were all gorgeous, but that pink one with the black cats really was great and right up my alley.
♥, Susan

~Cheryl said...

The tea outfit is beautiful and "way" clever! I love the "feather" in her hat!

Suzy said...

Wow what a fun place to visit. Thanks for taking us along.

♥Mimi♥ said...

When the blossoms of summer begin to fade we can always count on Pink Saturday to bring a smile to our faces and to remind us that somewhere there are pastels and pretty things.

Thanks so much for sharing this week. I wish you sunshine and lollipops today and always.

♥Mimi♥ said...

When the blossoms of summer begin to fade we can always count on Pink Saturday to bring a smile to our faces and to remind us that somewhere there are pastels and pretty things.

Thanks so much for sharing this week. I wish you sunshine and lollipops today and always.

happyone said...

What an interesting place to visit. I loved all the displays. My daughter is moving do Denver in the next year or so. I'm sure I'll be making many trips out there so I'll be sure to visit the Tea Shop one day.

Claudia said...

What a neat place to visit! Happy Pink Saturday!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Pat, Happy Pink Saturday sweetie!
I so love this post. I love the little tea cup and platter that had cherries on it. I love cherries most of all, and that set is precious. Now that dress made of out of tea packages is something else. I would never wear one made out of paper. It would be my luck we would have a downpour and there I would be all tea stained. Ha!Ha!Ha!

Love it sweetie. Please stop by and let me share my pink post with you. Country hugs, Sherry

Gina said...

what an amazing shop!..I love the pink and white stripe set the best :) Gx

Joyce said...

Oh what a fun time you had in this fun store. I think the little pink cat tea pots are adorable and I don't even have a cat:) I have to tell you that back when we first went into Iraq I wrote to the company for some tea to send to the platoon I was supporting at the time. Celestial Teas was more then generous. A wonderful lady called me and told me a box was on the way to me and to forward to the platoon. It was so big that I could not even carry it. It was so generous and thoughtful. They are the best!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Wow! I used to go to CO Springs a lot when my sister lived there but I never knew Celestial seasonings Tea show was even there.

Looks like it was lots of fun.

Hugs,
Joanne

Tracy said...

Tea heaven...oh, I'd love to go there! It would be "dangerous" though...for I'd loved to buy and try everything--LOL! That tea bag dress/ensemble and all the china is gorgeous...What a great time! Thanks for taking us there, Pat. :o) Happy weekend ((HUGS))

Cynthia said...

I could easily run myself bankrupt on just one visit to this store.

Gracie said...

I just love the cats set, especially the black and white one.
I have a thing for mugs, if there would have bought everything!

Judy said...

We have never yet been to Colorado...other than a few frantic hours at Denver airport...but I look forward to visiting the state one day soon. And we might just stop by Celestial Seasonings...and have us a spot of tea at the Celestial Cafe. Neat post.

Nancy said...

I did not know they had a factory store! What great info. Happy late Pink Saturday.

Unknown said...

Great pics Pat...I know you enjoyed your trip!
:) Diane

Char said...

I think I would be there everyday. I would need to work for them to get my fill for sure, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Susie Jefferson said...

Oh wow. I have died & gone to Heaven! That pink stripe and the cats were my favourite sets. What a gorgeous shop. Thanks so much for sharing - and for visiting me and leaving such a nice comment!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Catherine said...

That was fun and pretty. The kitty teapots are just divine!

CatHerder said...

WOW i would LOVE to go there!!!!! Love the kitty teapot (of course) and that dress is pretty cool too!

prashant said...

Looks like a pretty pristine place to visit! I'll remember it when I make my first trip to CO.
Web hosting india

Anonymous said...

The set shaped like roses has got to be my fav. Lovely place. Thanks for sharing.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I didn't even know Celestial Seasons had its own store! My grandma's teacup collection would be right at home. :-) I think the collection would be added to after a trip there.

GailO said...

I have always loved the artwork and sayings found on the Celestial Seasonings boxes...this tour sounds like so much fun!...I love the black and pink cat tea pots too:)