Saturday, April 19, 2014

Have a Very Blessed and Happy Easter!


Christ is Risen!  He has Truly Risen!

A stained glass window in the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, New York City

I will be sharing more about the magnificent Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in Manhattan, that I visited on a  recent trip to New York City, on a future post. It is full of gorgeous stained glass windows and architectural splendor! 

I am always drawn to images of the Risen Christ when I see them, as I find them very inspirational. I decided to share a few of those windows in this post with hopes that they also will bring you joy this Easter weekend.


Lamb of God, You who take away the 
sins of the world, have mercy upon us!

Stained glass window of  St Rose of Lima RC Church, Carbondale Pennsylvania




Lamb of God, You who take away 
the sins of the world, grant us Peace!

Stained glass window Co-Cathedral of Saint Joseph's RC Church, Brooklyn, New York




May you, and your family, 
have a very Blessed and Happy Easter! 


Bookmark and Share

16 comments:

Nellie said...

These windows are absolutely stunning!

Easter blessings to you and yours, Pat.

Pamela Gordon said...

Stained glass windows are really beautiful works of art. Thank you for sharing these ones Pat. I wish you and your family a blessed Easter.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful. A very Happy Easter to you and yours, Pat. He is Risen!

My name is Riet said...

Beautiful stained glasses. I love churches.
Happy Easter to you and yours.

Donna said...

Beautiful! Happy Easter, Pat!

Daniela said...

What a gorgeus windows Pat, really unique, and the video is truly very beautiful !
I wish you and your family a Joyful and Blessed Easter, my dear friend <3
With love
Dany

Betty said...

You have a wonderful Easter too!

I love the old stained glass windows, but I don't think too many of the newer churches have them anymore. Probably due to the cost.

Happy@Home said...

Happy Easter, Pat.
Thank you for sharing these stained glass windows. They are beautiful and I can just picture them with the sun streaming through.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

These windows are absolutely stunning Pat. They make me miss the church were I grew up. Wishing you and your family a very blessed Easter.
Sam

eileeninmd said...

Pat, the windows are beautiful! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Easter to you. Hope you have a blessed day. We are enjoying the day with family on this gorgeous Easter day!
Hugs,
Betsy

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Beautiful post. Have a blessed Easter!

Sarah said...

Stopping by to wish you well on this Easter Sunday.

The Gathering Place said...

What a beautiful Easter message. It is such a comfort to know and celebrate the Easter blessings. I hope you had some good family time, too!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous .Oh my Goodness
Happy Easter.

Tracy said...

Hoping you & yours had a beautiful and joyful Easter, Pat! This holiday is a special time for renewing our baptismal promises and refreshing our spirits. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))