Sunday, September 17, 2017

I'm Back from a Trip to Italy, but.....



Hello to all my faithful readers, and to all that stumble onto my blog today.  I'm so sorry I have been away from blogging for awhile.  I took a planned blog break, as life was busy with back to school activities for my grandchildren. My husband and I then went on a dream vacation to Italy, where we celebrated a saint feast day in my husband's hometown in the Calabria region of Italy. We also visited many of my husband's aunts, uncles cousin that live in Calabria, and also in Genoa and Bologna in northern Italy, with a few visits to nearby scenic towns. I had hoped to share some of the amazing sights from this trip this week on my blog, but we sadly learned of a death in my family that has overwhelmed us with grief. Please be patient with me as I take another week off to mourn.  Thank you for your understanding.  I hope to get back to a regular blog schedule again soon.

You can also find me on 



Bookmark and Share

26 comments:

Lady Fi said...

Oh no - I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and your family.

podso said...

So very sorry to hear of your loss.

J said...

I am so sorry. May God guide you gently through this difficult time.

From the Kitchen said...

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take what time you need to deal with healing. We'll all be here when you're ready.

Best,
Bonnie

Willow said...

Oh I am sorry to hear about your family's loss, Pat.
I followed you all over Italy :)

Terri Steffes said...

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. I followed you on Instagram. Hugs.

ellen b. said...

So sorry for your loss, Pat. Hugs.

Vee said...

So sorry to read of this loss. Take your time...

Katielu said...

Pat, I'm so sorry for your loss! A week may not be enough, nor a month or a year, take your time. We'll be here when you come back! May God give you comfort in your grieving! Katie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending hugs.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am so sorry for your loss Pat.

Linda W. said...

So sorry to hear of your loss! What an awful thing to come home to after vacation.

Barb said...

Thinking of you Pat and Vinny. Hugs.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'm so sorry to read that you've had a death in your family, Pat. We've been away too but nothing like your trip.

Beth said...

Pat, I'm so sorry for your loss. I said a prayer for your family.

Angie said...

Pat - I pray for peace for your heart as you grieve. I have been checking your blog regularly because I enjoy it so much; you will be appreciated whenever you are ready to return.

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sorry to hear of the loss you have experienced.Saying that final good-bye is always hard.

diane b said...

How sad for you to come home from a wonderful trip to be hit with a terrible happening. Thinking of you and sending hugs and sympathy.

Ida said...

So sorry that you've had an unexpected death in your family. Sending you hugs and prayers as you deal with your grief.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thank you all, for your comforting words. They were very much appreciated!

Betty said...

I'm sorry to hear about your recent loss.

The Furry Gnome said...

I hope you can eventually find comfort in knowing that the depth of your grief reflects the depth of your love. We had a lovely time in Italy too, four years ago now. My wife is from Calabria.

Pat Tillett said...

So sorry to hear of your family's loss Pat. I wish you all some peace during this trying time.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Pat ... I'm a little late reading this post, but would like to add my condolences.
I am so sorry to read of your loss.

My good wishes to you and the family.

All the best Jan