Some information from the web site:
"Water Taxi Beach South Street Seaport is 18,000 square feet of fun, food, sun, recreation and relaxation. Located along the water’s edge on the north side of Pier 17, this Beach offers the most spectacular views of the Brooklyn Bridge and the East River in the city. Stop by and catch some rays or build a castle in the sand
During the day you can go under the tent and grab a drink or play a game of ping pong, or play skeeball or 9-holes of miniature golf.
There is a Fish Shack for respectfully priced beach grub like our authentic Baja Fish Taco, award winning Motz burgers or grab bucket of popcorn and an international soda pop at our Pop! Pop! Pop! Shop featuring fresh popped popcorn, soda pops from around the world and pop rocks.
After dark, Water Taxi Beach is a playground for the 21+ crowd with live music, DJs, as well as cultural and electronic music events."
While walking in Lower Manhattan along Water Street, yesterday, I passed quite a few large air conditioned trailers parked along the street.
I knew this meant one thing: a "on location" movie shoot was about to happen! There was a large gaggle of girls behind barricades waiting for a glimpse of the movie star.
I stopped and asked this young lady who she was waiting to see and she held up her bag and told me it was Robert Pattison, the star from the film Twilight, who was now there to shoot scenes for a new movie titled "Remember Me."
According to this article in the Daily News gossip column Mr. Pattisson unfortunately is not enjoying all the attention he's been getting from his adoring fans. I guess fame does take its toll on personal freedom.
Now, on to a fun meme passed on to me by Jenny, from the blog Supplies Overflowing, who asked me to list seven not-so-obvious things that I love.
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply Jenny, summer events have been keeping me very busy! Here, in no particular order, are 7 non obvious things I love, among many, many things that I enjoy:
1) Seafood -- it's my favorite dish to order at a restaurant.
2) George Washington -- our first President just fascinates me. He is one historical figure I would have loved to have met.
3) Red wine Sangria -- my favorite summer coctail, especially when it has peaches in it!
4) Growing fresh vegetables in summer! I'm limited in space and lack of soil in my city backyard but my potted tomatoes and peppers still grow very well.
5) Summer flowers -- I grow lots of colorful flowers in flower pots outside. They make me happy!
6) Crocs -- I bought my first pair this summer and I have been really enjoying wearing them as I work in my garden or hang around my house. So comfy!
7) My bird feeder. I buy giant bags of bird seed and re-fill this feeder every day, as I get hundreds of feathery visitors. The bird's antics are so entertaining that my cat and I could watch them for hours, and as my reward for feeding them they fill the air with lovely songs.
Thanks Jenny! This was a fun meme!
Would anyone else like to join in doing this "seven non obvious things you love" meme? Please let me know if you do, as it's always fun to learn new things about each other.
I was happy to receive this package all the way from Norway this week! I was a winner in Tracy of the Pink Purl blog's Summer Stash-tacular Giveaway!
I won the # 4 selection of the give away --the " Merry Mix of Trims," which is a bag full of trims--ribbons, laces and rickrack in a great variety of colors and different lengths. Thanks so much Tracy! I have lots of ideas on how to use these pretty trims, for scrapbook pages and hand crafted cards. I also enjoyed the delicious chocolate you enclosed in the package.
Please visit Tracy's blog and enjoy her wonderful photographs, as she engages us in the special things going on in her life and shows us beautiful scenes from Norway, tempts us with her delicious vegetarian recipes, and delights us with her superb handcrafted and artistic jewelry, scarves, shawls and knitted crafts which she sells in her Etsy and Artfire stores.
I hope everyone is having an enjoyable Summer!