Saturday, April 5, 2008

Four Tag


Vee, in her wonderful blog A Haven For Vee tagged me for a four-part Memme on Wednesday. Thanks, Vee! I always look forward to reading your delightful blog, and it was fun learning new things about you.
I apologize that it has taken me so long to play. I was a little distracted by the long-haired rocker guy I went to see on Thursday (blog below) and then Friday I had to relive all that fun on his fan forum. (who says a 50+ woman can't still be a teenager at heart?)
OK, here I go ---

Jobs I've had in my life:
Nurse's aide --during high school, in the summers
Insurance file clerk -- during high school, after school
Registered Nurse
Mom -- the best job of them all ;-)

Movies I have/would watch over and over again:

Moonstruck largely filmed in Brooklyn, New York

Sound Of Music love all the songs

Cinema Paradisio won an academy award for the best foreign film 1990

Casablanca I've always loved Humphrey Bogart


Places I have lived:

I've lived my whole life in Brooklyn, New York


People I want to "slap right into the middle of next week":

Drivers who do not signal when they are going to make a turn.

People that don't hold the doors open for those behind them -- so rude!

People that litter -- the city is our home -- keep it clean!

Anyone who does graffiti on public and private places --- so ugly and destructive!


People who e-mail me regularly:
My daughter
My daughter-in-law
My siblings
My friends

TV shows I watch — Fictional:

I haven't been watching any recent shows regularly, but I use to enjoy:

The West Wing
ER
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos


TV shows I watch— Nonfictional:

American Idol
Saturday Night Live
Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson --- he's so funny!
CBS Sunday Morning Show


Places I have visited:

Italy
Ireland
Canada
Colorado, and lots of other states


Where I want to be right now:

I love "home sweet home", but if I could vacation anywhere I haven't been I'd love to go to
Paris
Alaska
Hawaii
Holland


Favorite Foods:

Anything Italian
Seafood, sushi, shellfish
Steak, medium rare
Anything sweet -- I have such a sweet tooth!


Things I'm looking forward to this year:

Traveling to Ireland again
Visiting my son and daughter-in-law in Denver
Blogging
Losing weight -- I'm always in an ongoing "battle of the bulge" because of that sweet tooth I mentioned above.

That was fun, Vee!

I am supposed to tag four people to do this "4 Tag Meme", but I'd rather leave this one up to anyone who'd like to join involuntarily. Please let me know if you do as I'd love to learn more about you too!

12 comments:

Vee said...

Oh good! I'm glad that you found it fun. It certainly was fun to read. I agree with every single one of your slap-that-person-into- next-week items. In fact, I think it's high time to revisit the "Keep America Beautiful" campaign.

Louise said...

Hi Pat, love the banner. I took part in a similar meme to this the other day. It is an interesting way of finding out more of everyone's likes and dislikes, and discovering how similar we all are? I have just had a peek in to the fan forum, you'll be starting up a Bo Blog next! x

Rue said...

I've seen that meme a lot, but never the slap-that-person-into- next-week one LOL I agree with you completely!

Off to catch up on some other blogs now. I'll let you know when I do the meme....

Have a beautiful day,
rue :)

Tara said...

Pat so nice to learn about you--love all the movies you love, we're cosmically connected!
:0)
Tara

Just A Girl said...

Oh how fun! I loved your part about "people you'de love to slap into next week." I am there with you!
A question... what is the definition of a meme?

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Pat!
I've got the same sweet tooth! That's why I've been dieting since New Years. Your "4" meme was great. Loved the knock you into next week category! Your answers run along the same line as me. I would add a fifth one, sales people that call during dinner, and the one's that MAKE you irate because they don't take no for an answer and you HAVE to hang up on them!!! There, I feel better! Thanks, I needed that!
Hugs, Sherry

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Pat,
So fun to learn more about you! Things we have in common...I am also a gemini, was an NA, am an RN, love "home sweet home", have been to Alaska and Hawaii, but would love to go to Ireland and Italy, spend time in Denver (we have family there too...my husband is from there...I lived there for 15yrs.) and I too am in a chronic "battle of the bulge"!! I knew there was a reason I liked you...other than you're a great tour guide!!
Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting (it's so nice to get comments!)...I don't have much inventory in my Etsy shop yet...but I'm working on it. Thanks again!

Mrs. B said...

Hi Pat! It's so nice learning more about you. Oh, I completely agree with you on "people I'd like to slap into next week." And West Wing is one of my all time favorite TV shows! I've only just started watching the Sopranos (on DVD), but so far I like it.

I'm still going to do the 6 word meme from last week. I should have it posted in the next couple of days. I haven't forgotten!

Gina said...

That was fun to read Pat :O)
I also loved West Wing and Six Feet Under! Can totally relate to your slap targets! Have a wonderful
week :O) Gxx

Carolyn said...

I jumped over from Rue's.

Just wanted to say Hi!

Nice Blog!

Carolyn

Junie Moon said...

What fun new things to learn about you, Pat! The "People I want to slap right into the middle of next week" category makes me laugh, but I do agree with your list.

Rhondi said...

Hi Pat. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. WHen I have time I am going to come back and spend a little while getting to know you better through your blog.
Rhondi