Sunday, January 6, 2013

Three Kings Day


"From the east came the Magi to Bethlehem to adore the Lord; and opening their treasures they offered precious gifts: gold for the great King, incense for the true God, and myrrh in symbol of His burial."

My Mother's favorite Christmas card to receive was one that had an image of the the Magi--The Three Kings--that we celebrate today on the feast of the Epiphany.  She remembered this day from her childhood for all the special celebrations it held.  When she passed away on Three Kings Day last year I know she was welcomed into heaven lead by the Magi, and I felt peace that as a woman of faith she would receive rewards for her devout life. Living so close to my mother was a blessing for my family, as she was very a part of our daily life.  I couldn't resist sharing some of our happy moments in the collage above. Please keep us in your prayers today, and also as my husband and I begin our life of new beginnings. 

I will not have Internet service for awhile, so I am closing comments for this post. My next post will be from Colorado and I look forward to telling you about our journey west and about our new home.

See you then!