Sunday, June 8, 2008

St. Stephen's Green, Dublin Ireland


St. Stephen's Green is a beautiful city center park in Dublin, Ireland. Originally it was one of three commons in the old city. St. Stephen's Green was enclosed in 1664. The present 22-acre form was formed in 1880, using a grant presented by Lord Ardilaun, a member of the Guinness family.

I hope you enjoy viewing the following photographs of the gorgeous park grounds:

I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore


The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion



How fair is a garden amid the trials and passions of existence. ~Benjamin Disraeli


I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Henry David Thoreau



I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars. ~Walt Whitman


The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of God shine through. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment. ~Jane Austen

To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. ~ Helen Keller


One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~William Shakespeare


That we find a crystal or a poppy beautiful means that we are less alone, that we are more deeply inserted into existence than the course of a single life would lead us to believe. ~John Berger


I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in order. ~John Burroughs

You will find something more in woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters. ~St. Bernard


Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir


God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars. ~ Martin Luther


Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu


And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything. ~William Shakespeare

Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. ~Rachel Carson


I hope everyone is having a glorious Sunday!


Next blog I will take you to the mysterious passage burial ground of Newgrange and the beautiful High Crosses of Monasterboice.


  Bookmark and Share

20 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

More beautiful photos, Pat! I especially love the Edna St. Vincent Millay quote...and the James Joyce bust. :)

Anonymous said...

Pat, I have to tell you that your post was good for my soul. As I sat here reading, I could just feel my spirit renew.

The pictures, the quotes and the music couldn't have been more beautiful and perfect.

Thank you for always making my day.

Marina Capano said...

Hi Pat! nice place!so cute photos. all are so amazing.
see you SOON

Anonymous said...

Wow what gorgeous pictures, What gorgeous gardens. So beautiful, they must have made your heart soar!

Judy said...

Beautiful gardens...and quotes. Thanks for posting them for our enjoyment.

steviewren said...

What a beautiful park. I wish I could grow such lush flowers.

Sorry about your mother's father. Yes mining is a dangerous profession.

I can't wait to hear all about Newgrange.

Tara said...

Hi Pat

What a lovely place to repose...I am really thinking I need to read Ulysses before I die!

:0)
Tara

Just A Girl said...

Hi Pat,
The gardens are beautiful and peaceful. The perfect place for a weary soul.
Thank you for sharing your photos and quotes. I love the one by Martin Luther.
Have a wonderful week.
Cori

Kathy said...

Hi Pat, St Stephen's is beautiful, I love all you photo's, especially the bridge over the water, stunning photography, we did not get to go there but will make it top of the list when we return and we will return haha. Have a lovely day, Kathy. ps thank you for Hayley's birthday wish, so sweet of you, we had a great time.

Unknown said...

As usual, everything's so beautiful, we are enjoying all those lovely scenes:)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

This is a beautiful relaxing post today..The gardens are gorgeous and I loved all of the quote. The music is fantastic!
Hugs,
Penny

MJ Ornaments said...

Just beautiful photos Pat. I love the garden shots.
~Martha

Betsy Brock said...

Those pictures are the best yet, I think! Especially love the poppies. Such wonderful quotes to go along with the beauty!

Dorothy said...

Pat...what a blessing your post has been to me....the photos the quotes and the music...just so beautiful...thank you for sharing...

Marg said...

I enjoyed how you used the quotes.

Sometimes, some pictures are only relevant to you, and yet by adding the quotes, you brought all of us together. It's so much fun to explore new places and see the beauty.
I'll keep this as a reminder when I post some more travels.
I absolutely love your music. That's a challenge I would like to learn.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Pat!
The gardens are so beautiful and peaceful! Fabulous photos and such beautiful flowers blooming there. I love all your quotes!! Thanks for taking us there.
Hugs, Sherry

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Lovely verses and beautiful garden! Thanks for sharing both!

Vee said...

Very much enjoyed the garden tour with all the complementary quotes...just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Pat, I am a quotation lover and you have included several of my all time favorite quotes in this post! What breathtaking photographs! Thank you for sharing this wonderful trip with your readers!!...Donna

Rue said...

Hi Pat!!

Thank you soooo much for my four leaf clover :) I LOVE IT! I will hang it up at the farmhouse as soon as I move in ;)

Thank you also for the prayers. It wasn't looking too good for awhile, but he's doing really well now.

These pics are gorgeous! My favorite is the one with the bridge :)

off to read more...
hugs,
rue