Sunday, November 18, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving 2018



Happy Thanksgiving Week!


It will be a busy week ahead in the U.S. as we prepare for our annual Thanksgiving Day. Here are some of the foods I prepared last year for nine adults and four children. We begin the meal with various appetizers, and then for the main meal, I made a ham as well as a turkey with all the trimmings, plus many different vegetables. I serve buffet style, but we sit down together at my dining room table to eat.


Dessert last year was chocolate covered strawberries, pumpkin and apple pie, and my daughter's ice cream birthday cake.  She was born close to Thanksgiving Day and we always celebrate her birthday on the holiday.  Everyone takes home lots of leftovers to enjoy the next day! It is a special feast to celebrate our bounty and acknowledge our blessings. I give thanks for all we have and make an effort to give to those in need. all year long. 


Our grandchildren always enjoy being together for the holiday and they fill the house with laughter!  This was last year's photo and I can't believe how big they've grown since then!  I give thanks for each of them as they have filled my life with joy!


We already had snow a couple of times in our part of Colorado...


...doesn't everything look so beautiful?  

I am thankful for the snow as we have been in a drought year, as most of the west has been, and the snow brings much-needed moisture to our land. The recent drought-ridden fires in California have been devastating and my heart goes out to those affected.


Blessings are like leaves that fall....we can never, ever, count them all!


This is our favorite grace to say before 
our meals:

"Thank you, God, 
for the food before us, 
the family beside us, 
and the love between us.
Amen"


I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

You can also find me on 


I'm linking this post to the following blog events:

Amaze Me MondayMosaic Monday, All SeasonsBlue Monday,  Through My Lens MondayInspiration Monday, Blogging GrandmothersHearth, and Soul Link PartyYou Are the Star Blog HopGood Random FunNature NotesGrand SocialTravel Photos, Photo Tunes, Happiness Is HomemadeTuesday TreasuresPictorial TuesdayOur World TuesdayRuby TuesdayTuesdays With A TwistParty in Your PJ'sWordless WednesdayNanahood WWOh My Heartsie Girl's Wonderful WednesdayOutdoor Wednesday, Words On WednesdayWhimsical WednesdayYour Whims WednesdayWednesday Around the WorldWonderful Wednesday Little Things Thursday, A Blogging Good TimeThankful ThursdayThursday Favorite ThingsThursday Traffic Jam Weekend LinkyPretty Pintastic PartyFriendship FridaysFriday Photo JournalSkywatch FridaySweet Inspiration, Pink SaturdaySaturday CrittersOver the MoonHappiness Is HomemadeWandering Camera (monthly-last Thursday of the month)

Bookmark and Share

38 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...


Thank you for your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one.


Please note that I cannot answer comments left anonymously, as I have no way to reach you.

Thank you, and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! What a spread you put on! I'm sure no one leaves the table hungry.Happy Thanksgiving.

ellen b. said...

So much to be thankful for, Pat. Beautiful post!

Linda W. said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have fun with those cute grandkids.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

What wonderful bounty for Thanksgiving, Pat. I agree there are far too many blessings to count, like the leaves. I love that. Your grands are darling and I know what you mean about how quickly they grow! Continued blessings to you and your family. ♥

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

that certainly was a feast you had last year. Love the snow shots.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Patricia,

Everything looks and sounds delicious. I like your favorite grace!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Jeanie said...

Now THAT is what I call a feast! Oh my! So elaborate and simply gorgeous!

And outside is gorgeous too, though it look more like Christmas than Thanksgiving out there!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Barbara said...

And a most Happy Thanksgiving to you, Pat! Beautiful post! You help keep Colorado alive in my thoughts with all of your wonderful photography.

Vee said...

What beautiful grandchildren! Have a blessed Thanksgiving this week!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Wishing you and the family a very Happy Thanksgiving ♥

William Kendall said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lydia C. Lee said...

Your snow photos are just lovely!! How exciting! Enjoy your family get together!

Karren~OMHGWW Linkup said...

WIshing you a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

Tamar SB said...

So much deliciousness!

NCSue said...

Best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving for you and your family... and I hope the coming year will be full of moments to be thankful for!
So glad you came by to link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/11/preparing-for-winter.html

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy Thanksgiving Pat to you and yours! Your celebration pictures look wonderful and I'm sure this year will equal or surpass! Those grandchildren are definitely growing -- I'm so glad you live close enough to enjoy watching them grow. An experience we wouldn't have wanted to miss for all the world! (And on Thursday, we will go to Thanksgiving at our granddaughter and her husband's home -- time flies by pretty darn fast!!!)

Angie said...

Pat - your "hand" turkey is adorable! We will have 10 at the table this week; we are hosting a get-together for the 'orphans' in our neighborhood. One of our guests also has a birthday on Turkey Day, so we'll be having a cake for him! We haven't had much snow here, but it's been very cold - we are hoping for more snow soon so we can get out and enjoy our winter sports. In the meantime, we have a lot for which we are grateful. Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for joining Mosaic Monday this week!

junieper said...

Oh you had snow already (my guess is you mean at the altitude you live...). Yes, grand children make it much more fun and festive! Like how you picture blessings as leaves!Thank you for being a part of All Seasons Pat and have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family!

Joyful said...

Beautiful snow photos. I'm awed by your table splendour. You really know how to celebrate Thanksgiving with the food. You remind me of my late mom when she would prefer for holiday feasts. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You make an awesome feast for you family. Lots of happy love there. :-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

Lady Fi said...

Wow - that is a lot of cooking and fun! And so beautiful with the snow.

handmade by amalia said...

What an amazing spread, Pat, and all made with love. I'm sure everyone is already looking forward to being together again. Enjoy the holiday!
Amalia
xo

Anonymous said...

Greetings from California! I'm bored at work
so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
I really like the information you provide here and can't
wait to take a look when I get home. I'm amazed at how fast
your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G ..
Anyhow, awesome blog!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Red, red everywhere! Happy Thanksgiving!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so great that we can take lots of photos now and see how the little ones grow! I'm wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll stop by for some leftovers! heehee! Hugs!

NanaHood said...

Your little granddaughter with the curls looks like my Ana. I have 4 granddaughters and 2 grandsons. Aren't they a joy? Your food looks amazing and the scenery beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing at NanaHood and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Teresa

Lorrie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Pat. What a beautiful and bountiful feast you prepare. Leftovers are a wonderful part of such events here, too. How lovely those grands are, and how they do grow! Have a most blessed Thanksgiving.

Calleen Petersen said...

My daughter's birthday is close to Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate it on Thanksgiving unless it falls there but it makes me happy that she wants to have pumpkin pie for her birthday every year.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Wonderful photo of the smiling face children. Sounds like a lovely get together. The snow photos are awesome. Happy Thanksgiving.

molly said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.... We will celebrate tomorrow as we are in the UK (Me and Brit with an American hubby)

Mollyx

Decor To Adore said...

What darling grans you have!
Thank you so much for reading Decor To Adore and for your heartwarming comment and friendship.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Laura

betty-NZ said...

It looks like your family knows how to celebrate!!!

We don't have Thanksgiving (although stores have adopted the 'Black Friday' sale) but I think it would be weird in summer like Christmas is still weird even after all these years!

Rambling Woods said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving post...It looks like it was wonderful..Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderful post.

I think this grace is perfect.

"Thank you, God,
for the food before us,
the family beside us,
and the love between us.
Amen"

All the best Jan

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I missed your post until now, Pat, and it sounds (and looks) like a bountiful Thanksgiving. Your grandchildren are all so beautiful and I now know firsthand the joys of being a gonna!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

that should have said "nonna" not "gonna." grrr.