Sunday, November 22, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

 


I'd like to extend many best wishes to all my blog readers for a very wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving and a very healthy and happy year ahead!  

Please enjoy these words of gratitude and blessings...


"For each new morning with its light,

For rest and shelter of the night,

For health and food, for love and friends,

For everything Thy goodness sends."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson




"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into
His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting: and His Truth endureth to all generations."

- Psalm 100:4-5




"I am grateful for what I am and have. 

My thanksgiving is perpetual."

- Henry David Thoreau


Lord, let me love the little things:
The tiny bird with greyish wings,
The fireflies that shed their light
Amidst the darkness of the night,
The rippling brooks with water clear
That flow on by from year to year,
The sunset in an evening sky,
The beauty of a butterfly,
The smile upon a small child's face,
A loving family saying grace.
For all the joys these things will bring,
Lord, let me love the little things.

- Loise Pinkerton Fritz


Stay happy, safe, and healthy!

You can also find me on

Bookmark and Share

21 comments:

Angie said...

Pat - these are majestic scenes of your world. Not surprised - you live in a marvelous part of the world and you have lived there long enough to capture it in all its beauty. Thanks for taking the time to compose this post and share it with everyone at Mosaic Monday. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

diane b said...

A beautiful post. Great photos and quotes. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Are you allowed to have family visit?

eileeninmd said...

Hello Pat,

Beautiful scenes and quotes! I wish you and your family a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Barbara Rogers said...

Greetings...and thanks for the first good wishes for Thanksgiving. Your photos are beautiful. I hope you and your loved ones have a very peaceful and safe Thanksgiving.

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Monday.And, wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving Thursday
I am at #12 on the linky today

Much🖤love

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images. I love the quotes and verses as well. Happy Thanksgiving .

Vee said...

🦃🍂🦃 And a blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours, even though you won't be together. Hopefully, there'll be a Zoom call in there somewhere. Beautiful photo selections and beautiful quotes and Scripture. We used to sing that Scripture with gusto. I just sang it to see if I remembered. I do.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such wonderful scenes in your photographs.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Pat, and to your family.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful images and I love that Psalm and that poem by Fritz. Sweet! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Pat!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Pat. I so enjoyed the lovely quotes and poems with your beautiful photos. Especially beautiful is the "Lord let me love the little things."

Jeannelle said...

Lovely photos and quotes! Many blessings to you and yours this Thanksgiving week!

Little Wandering Wren said...

You live in a stunning part of the world Pat, beautiful photos
Happy Thanksgiving!
Wren x

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Pat - I made a comment on your last post about the poems and prayer. But I was conflating this post and last, since there are no poems on the last post. ugh. I'm losing it. But both posts have beautiful photos and inspirational words and I thank you for that. As Thanksgiving approaches, I am thankful for blogger friends like you, who inspire me in many ways. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Vinny.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Perfection Pat! It’s so important to remember all we do have to be thankful for at this bizarre time in our lives. When, for many of us, our usual celebrations that remind us to be grateful are very different. Thank for doing this!

Lorrie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Pat. There is so much to be thankful for. Thank you for the poems and the verses, and those gorgeous scenes from your corner of the world.

Dawn said...

I was singing that song on the way to work this morning. "I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise" LOVE IT and love the wildlife collage.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

handmade by amalia said...

Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving day, dear Pat.
Amalia
xo

Susan Zarzycki said...

So love the beautiful pictures of God's creation!And you coupled them with poems and quotes that are so meaningful to us at a time when our stress levels are high. We need to put on the brakes-"Be still and know that I am God". Thanks for such a lovely post.💖

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Your photos are just breathtaking Thank you!!!

Jeanie said...

Beautiful images and thoughts. I hope Thanksgiving was wonderful.