Sunday, November 6, 2022

Pumpkin Cornbread





A view of the original cattle rancher's mansion The Manor House in our Colorado foothill valley.  We average an elevation of 6,000 feet (1828.8 m) in our valley so fall color fades quickly and our first snowfalls arrive early.  We've already had two snowstorms, but both melted quickly under our usual sunny skies.




Most of the leaves have fallen from our trees and the deer have been enjoying eating them! We often leave a pile of leaves in a rocky part of our yard as we've noticed the deer will dig through the winter snow to find them.  





As I promised in my last post here is the recipe, shared with me by a friend, for a variation of a sweet pumpkin loaf cake made with cornmeal and coconut.  It is moist and delicious!


 Pumpkin Cornbread --- Pan de Maize y Calabaza Bread

Oven - 350 degrees.

Grease and flour a loaf pan.

In a bowl, whisk together:

1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In another bowl, whisk together:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
generous 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
generous 1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Blend both mixtures. Pour into the loaf pan.

Bake until done, about 45 minutes or so.




I roasted and pureed pie pumpkins to make my own puree which I froze in one-cup measurements. I've used it for my favorite pumpkin bread and the recipe I shared above.  




"In November, the earth is growing quiet. It is making its bed, a winter bed for flowers and small creatures. The bed is white and silent, and much life can hide beneath its blankets." 
~ Cynthia Rylant

You can also find me on





Bookmark and Share

18 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Pat,
Beautiful views of the mountains and ranch. The Pumpkin cornbread looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Sandy said...

Scenery pictures are pretty. The pumpkin bread looks yummy, but I don't like anything with coconut in it, so will have to pass on that. And as your first commentor, do I win a prize, lol

Linda W. said...

Your recipe sounds delicious! I will have to try it.

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. It looks good. I always love seeing your Colorado scenes. It will be in the 70's all week here in KY. I am ready for winter.

margi said...

Thank you for the recipe. The snow scene looks wonderful!

Hena Tayeb said...

That looks delicious.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks so yummy. I ordered a loaf pan today. I haven't used one in years and don't think I have one any more....at least I couldn't find one in my pots and pans. I'm going to try to make something KETO with pumpkin. Enjoy your week!

William Kendall said...

The deer looks content.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Your photos are so lovely, Pat! I wish I had some deer to come eat our leaves. We have so many that need to be raked, mulched, and composted every week due to the enormity of them in our yard. The pumpkin cornbread sure looks good! Happy November to you!

Linda said...

I love visiting you! And I am saving that recipe! Thank you!

handmade by amalia said...

Pumpkin Cornbread looks yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe.
Amalia
xo

R's Rue said...

Yum. Making some today.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

This recipe sounds really delicious! And it looks beautiful. Is that snow I see? It's beautiful. It's too soon. (We have some possibly predicted for Saturday. No. Not ready.)

EricaSta said...

Hello Pat, my husband had drawn you (with coverred eyes) with your fantastic Mosaic for MosaicMonday of October. Is it okay for you? I hope and will post this in my next blog entry.

Hugs by Heidrun

Penny Carlson said...

That bread sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I didn't know deer ate fall leaves on the ground. That's a great way to recycle isn't it?

Angie said...

Pat - I like anything with pumpkin, so thanks for this recipe! Snow came while we were visiting the UK, and it stayed. In fact, we are seeing much cooler temperatures than normal for this time of year. But I don't mind one bit!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful scenery in your photographs.
The pumpkin bread looks tasty.

All the best Jan