Monday, May 29, 2023

Blueberry Breakfast Cake

 



I absolutely love the abundance of fresh, domestically grown blueberries during this time of year. They are definitely one of my favorite treats and I always keep a pint in my fridge. Aside from enjoying them as is, I like adding them to my breakfast cereal or yogurt, as well as using them in pies or muffins. It's always exciting to discover new ways to incorporate them into my meals.





You have the option to prepare the Blueberry Breakfast Cake recipe using either an 8-inch pie pan or a springform pan.




When it comes to my baking requirements, I prefer to use a springform pan. Recently, I got my hands on a brand new red Nordic Ware springform pan from the King Arthur website, which I absolutely love. I would like to mention that I am not being compensated for sharing this information, but I genuinely admire the top-notch quality of their products.



I absolutely loved the cake's texture - it was both custardy and light, with the added bonus of juicy blueberries bursting throughout. Its unique combination of textures reminds me of both clafouti and Dutch baby, making it the ideal centerpiece for a fancy breakfast or even as a dessert after dinner. What's more, the recipe only calls for 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons of sugar (124g), which means each serving contains a mere 28g of total carbohydrates. It was a wonderful treat!  You can find the complete recipe by visiting the King Arthur Flour website through this link.  If you're looking for some guidance and tips on this recipe, you may want to check out the King Arthur Flour blog post through this link which shares the same recipe.




June is just around the corner and the schools in Colorado have already wrapped up this academic year. Our family has been keeping busy with our grandchildren's end-of-school events and sports activities with a few more big events still on the horizon to keep us busy. 


Let us take a moment on this Memorial Day to pay tribute and show our respect for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

You can also find me on




Bookmark and Share

21 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Pat,
I love blueberries too, I have often made blueberry cakes and use them in my yogurt. Your recipe sounds yummy, thanks for sharing the link. Take care, have a wonderful week!

William Kendall said...

I am pretty sure that I've had that cake before.

Esmé Slabbert said...

Amazing, cake and blueberries for breakfast. Now you're talking.
Pinned this one
I visited you via The Good. The Random. The Fun. v. 21
If not already part of SSPS, and are interested, find my entries: 20+21
You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar
We hope to meet you there virtually.

NCSue said...

Looks scrumptious!
Thank you for joining us this week at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/05/on-retreat.html

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

We are eating dried blueberries. :)

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Looks delicious!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a very tasty treat.

Our school do not finish until mid-July ...
Nice to see your family mosaic.

Wishing you a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Lydia C. Lee said...

Yummo! #RubyTuesdayToo

Rambling Woods said...

Lovely and busy time of year….Michelle

stevebethere said...

That lQQKS delicious hope you left some for me lol I liked all the photos

Have a caketastic week 👍

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks SO good! I just ate the last piece of my Blackberry crumble. I want to go pick blackberries again this week. They grow wild be they are hard to pick. I love blueberries too!

Anonymous said...

Yesssss, we like Blueberries too.

Thank you for sharing with
MosaicMonday

Hugs by Heidrun

Jeanie said...

That looks good. Our blueberry season is in July and I'm always looking for tasty recipes! Thanks! (And lovely grands!)

Esmé Slabbert said...

I eat Blueberries daily in my cereal. Now you're mentioning a blueberry breakfast CAKE. WOW, I will have to try this out for sure and will pin it
Thank you from your Vroom Vroom Team for sharing your links with us at #263 SSPS Linky. Please check back weekly to see if featured on the blog post or by any co-hosts.

XmasDolly said...

Oh yummy, but I do worry about the stains & if they'll be any. I have a partial & it cost too much money to fix. Sure looked good though! I'd rather gum it to death then pay all that money to get new ones!!! I'm such a cheapskate! LOL Have a great day!

Joanne said...

That blueberry cake looks amazing!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh my, but the bluberries look luscious!!! I do love bluberry pancakes and muffins. Have a grand weekend! Cathy

Anonymous said...

The last pic in honor and respect for those that made the ultimate sacrifice, looks like Andersonville National Cemetery. I was there on Sunday May 28th for the ceremony they had for Memorial Day, and to visit my father and mother's graves. My father was Korean War vet, US Navy Quartermaster aboard the US New Jersey and was also the ship's bugler. He passed at age 90 Aug 29, 2018 and my mother joined him in rest 14 months later in Nov 7 2019 (age 84). My sister came down from Tennessee Sat evening and we went to Andersonville together (I live in Albany, GA, an hour from Andersonville). It is always so moving to see all the flags every year, and the wreaths at Xmas.
Dawn Pinnataro, Albany, GA

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

HI Pat,
I love rain, but I am ready for some sunshine (maybe today).
Saved the blueberry cake recipe! yum!
We went to our niece's highschool tennis matches! Brought back memories!

Happy Day Pat! Enjoy the sun!!!!

laura

Betty J. Crow said...

I love blueberries. I have them most mornings in the smoothie I make for Hubs. The breakfast cake looks and sounds like a much better option. Have a wonderful day!

Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers said...

Oh my goodness, this looks soooo good! I'm heading over to get the recipe right now.