Monday, December 18, 2023

Merry Christmas 2023!





Our Christmas tree for 2023!



December in our part of Colorado began with cold and snow. 

Our windows were full of pretty views ...



...including views of many of our local wildlife.

It has been unusually warm the past week, but there may be some snow on Christmas Day, which is always festive to see.





 I have been busy shopping, gift wrapping, and baking for Christmas

The gingerbread cake house on the left in the photo collage above was made using one of my favorite Nordic Ware baking pans in that shape, and the large Gingerbread Men Cakes were also made using a Nordic Ware baking pan.

We celebrate on Christmas Eve with the Italian-American tradition of the "Feast of the Seven Fishes" although I usually tend to incorporate even more seafood in my recipes.
It is one of my favorite feasts of the year!



I know many are as busy or even busier than I am but 
 I also hope you are enjoying every moment, and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!




Let us all remember the reason we celebrate!



My hope for 2024
Peace on Earth, 
Goodwill towards all!





I am going to take a blog break and return in the new year--see you then!


You can also find me on:

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Pat,
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Lovely post and photos, the deer are so cute.
Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

Linda W. said...

What a beautiful tree! Merry Christmas!

ellen b. said...

Things are looking very festive at your place, Pat. The food looks so good, too!

Jeanie said...

How I would love to be at your Feast of Seven Fishes! It looks fabulous at Chez Pat! I love every photo -- your gorgeous tree and mantel, those wonderful deer, the glorious food and your lovely nativity (which reminds me, I need to try to crawl through the basement mess and dig out mine over the next day or so!). I send you all beautiful wishes for a joyous Christmas!

Angie said...

Pat - you always have such a festive home, and I love that you keep your special traditions faithfully each year. This is a blessed time, and I treasure it so much. Joining you from Mosaic Monday! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I have some great memories of Christmas Eve Feast of the Fishes that my Dad's parents, my grandma and grandpa Pinnataro, put on when I was a girl (in the 60s) growing up. They lived in Buffalo, NY and had epic winter storms. We alternated between there and my Mom's family in Marlboro, Mass (I am 1/2 Italian and 1/2 French / French Canadian). Oh I miss walking to the corner store with my grandpa in Buffalo to the Italian market! The butcher used to pop olives in my mouth and everybody squeezed my cheeks, lol. Oh, good memories...
Dawn Pinnataro Albany, GA

EricaSta said...

Peace... indeed the most important, we wish us all. I love this viewing through your home. The Christmas Tree is delightful. Thank you being part at

MosaicMonday

with this lovely post. Hugs by Heidrun

diane b said...

I have not been busy this year due to not feeling the best. Luckily my daughter, Carol, flew from Melbourne and took over the prparations but we kept it simple. We celebrate on Christmas Eve as they do in Switzerland whiich makes it good for the girls to go to their inlaws for Christmas day and we are left on our own to eat the left overs for Christmas lunch. As we celebrate in summer most Aussies now eat seafood for Christmas Dinner. WE had tiger prawns and Bugs (like a small lobster) with salads. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

laura said...

Hi Pat,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I love your tree at the bottom of your staircase! Love it!

Beautiful!

Happy New Year! Colorado laura

handmade by amalia said...

Such happy photos! Wishing you and yours all the best for this new year, dear Pat, hope it's a good one!
Amalia
xo

Lowcarb team member said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas, sending my good wishes for a Happy New Year.

All the best Jan