Sunday, June 30, 2024

Back From An East Coast Cuise and Extended Family Visit!


Lower Manhattan and the Freedom Tower


My husband and I have birthdays in early June and we were looking for a way to celebrate it together and visit New York family and friends we have not seen in a few years due to the pandemic. We saw an East Coast Cruise offered by the Princess Cruise line. and decided to go!



The Statue of Liberty


The 10-day cruise itinerary was Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Boston, Massachusetts, Norfork, Virginia and Charleston, South Carolina, then returning to the cruise terminal in Brooklyn, New York.  Every other day would be a "day at sea" with relaxing onboard activities.





Sailing away from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal into New York Bay and then the Atlantic Ocean.




We could see Coney Island in the distance as we sailed under the Verranzano Bridge.





We had a wonderful time! At each port stop we took an excursion and saw Peggy's Cove in Halifax, The Kennedy Library and Museum in Boston as well as some of the city, the historic sites of Jamestown and Yorktown in the Norfork, Virginia area, and then a day in pretty Charleston, South Carolina.

We then spent a wonderful week visiting our extended family and friends in Brooklyn and Long Island.  It was so good to see everyone again!

Obviously, the month of June flew by and we had quite a bit of catching up around our home when we returned to Colorado but I'm now happy to be back on my blog, where I've missed all my readers!

I'm back to blogging about Colorado, but I'll also show some of the wonderful historic places we saw on our cruise in future posts.  I hope everyone has been having an enjoyable summer so far--Happy Month of July!



7 comments:

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said...

Sounds like you had a enjoyable cruise. I've never actually been on one, but only having to unpack once would be a bonus, and more time relaxing during days at sea. Have a fabulous week. I am joining you at Mosaic Monday

eileeninmd said...

Happy July Pat,
Your East Coast cruise sounds fun. Love the view of NYC as you are sailing away. Lovely collection of photos. Have a great day and happy new week!

Michelle said...

I've enjoyed your trip content of FB!

Barb said...

Happy belated birthdays to you and Vinny! Glad you were able to visit with family and cruise in style. Welcome home.

Joyce said...

Sounds like you had a great time on your East Coast tour. I have lived mostly on the East Coast and am in SC now, the upstate though, not the low country. It's pretty too!

stevebethere said...

Sounded like a fun cruise loved all the photos hope you enjoyed your family visit too :-)

Have a tanfasticaltastic week 👍

Jeanie said...

Your photos are terrific and I'm really looking forward to many more of those as you take us to some of your favorite spots in your holiday. Welcome back, my friend!