Our neighborhood has many miles of local trails. Some were built and are maintained by our HOA Master Association and therefore are private for residents only, and some are our county's open space parks available to all.
This is a beautiful world, and all who go out under the open sky will feel the gentle, kindly influence of nature and hear her good tidings." ~ Enos Mills
Some of the trails are concrete, some are gravel, and others are dirt. Many are utilized by hikers, bicycle riders, and horseback riders. I am not the fastest hiker going uphill, but slowly and surely, I manage. Taking photos helps me get a bit of rest before I go on.
"For how many years did I wander slowly...what wonders and glory I could have missed had I ever been in a hurry! ~ Mary Oliver
" Keep close to Nature's heart...
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
~ Johm Muir
The trails pass red rock formations and meadows, and some gain a thousand feet of elevation beyond our area's average 6,000 feet (1828 Meters) elevation.
Over the years, my husband and I have walked the trails alone, with each other, our children, and with friends.
"The battle for conservation will go on endlessly. It is part of the universal battle between right and wrong."
~John Muir
I have photographed hundreds of wildflowers along the trails...these were just a few!
"I hope you are blessed with a heart like a wildflower
Strong enough to rise again after being trampled upon. tough enough to weather the worst of summer storms, and able to grow and flourish, even in the most broken places."
~ Nikita Gill
We have walked in all kinds of weather and all the seasons...in spring and summer...
...in Autumn...
...and in winter.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which shall never be seen again."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”
~ John Muir
On days we can't walk, and sadly, that has been many days because of high summer heat and poor air quality due to wildfires in our state this summer, my husband and I go to our nearby community gym.
It's small, but it is usually not crowded, and it has enough machines to choose from to do an hour workout. I like that the gym bicycles can be programmed to show rides through different national parks and scenic rides all around the world!
Even the twin fawns that were born in our backyard in June have been feeling this summer's excessive heat. They have been seeking out the shade of our trees for coolness. It has been fun watching them grow!
Where do you like to walk where you live?
How has the weather been where you live this season?
I can also be found on
Blogs I link with:
Nature Notes, Home Matters Linky Party, Happiness is Homemade, Monday Morning Blog Club, Senior Salon Pit Stop, Talk About It Tuesday, The Happy Now Tuesday, Happy Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday 2, Wordless Wednesday on Comedy Plus, Wonderful Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, Weekend Traffic Jam Report, Thursday Favorite Things, Skywatch Friday, Weekly Wisdoms, Fantastic Friday, Farmhouse Friday, Crazy Little Lovebirds Friday Link Up, Dare to Share, Saturday Sparks, Saturday Critters, Weekend Reflections













38 comments:
Many wisdom in the different quotes indeed. I enjoyed reading. And I like the nature around in Colorado too.
Thank you, dear blogfriend, for sharing at MosaicMonday
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
Hello Pat,
You do live in a beautiful area, the scenic views are gorgeous.
I love the trails, mountain and the wildflowers.
The deer are so sweet and cute.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Those Colorado Trails look like fantastic places to hike and for all people to explore. Fantastic photos!
The gym looks great, it's good you have somewhere to go when the weather isn't good for walking.
How wonderful to watch the fawns growing.
I love the quotes and beautiful photos of God's gift of nature! You live in a magnificent area. #MMBC
Hi Pat! Visiting from #MMBC! Your walking areas are beautiful, I have been in CO a few times and it was always a nice visit. Thanks for sharing your state with us all!
Hello Pat :)
I loved the different scenic views, trails and wild flowers, and the deer look lovely in your photos. I envy your physical fitness as I can no longer walk for long distances.The excessive heat has really got me down, and I have hardly been outside at all, trying to keep out of hot sun I have kept to my bedroom,shutter closed exausted from merely doing nothing. Looks like another heatwave is on the way.
Lovely post thank you for sharing your hikes in all seasons.
Best wishes
Sonjia.
What a beautiful post! Your photos and quotes really capture the joy and peace that come from spending time in nature. I enjoyed seeing the trails through all four seasons.
Wonderful! I hope to come and hike in Colorado someday.
Hello Pat :)
I loved the different scenic views, trails and wild flowers. I envy your physical fitness as I can no longer walk for long distances.The excessive heat has really got me down, and I have hardly been outside at all, trying to keep out of hot sun I have kept to my bedroom,shutter closed exausted from merely doing nothing. Looks like another heatwave is on the way.
Wow!! so beautiful!! I love those rock formations, just stunning. #MMBC
I love all these trail photos! I enjoy taking photos while hiking too... as it always gives me the perfect excuse for a rest when I need one.
You are surrounded by such beauty and to have those trails available to you so readily is such a blessing! I loved your post and appreciated the quotes you shared, too! Lots to ponder!
It is great that you have many different trails to walk and the gym if too hot, too wet or too cold. I love walking in the forest next to our village but I also love walking along the many beaches in our state.
oh how wonderful to have so many trails close to home. We have quite a few walks, but have to go further to do anything like these. The wildflowers are beautiful. Have a great week, happy walking. I am visiting from Mosaic Monday.
The trails are truly amazing and such a great variety of landscape to enjoy. You settled in a beautiful community, Pat!
Beautiful trails. I would have loved coming along with you. Beautiful flowers too. What a delightful post.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Pat. ♥
Hello Pat, you’re surrounded by such beauty!
The mountains, trails, and wildflowers make your area look like a dream.
And those deer -- so gentle and adorable.
I still want to go on a hike with you. I love Colorado.
Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥
Thank you for the visit, because now I discovered your blog.
And you have such interesting and beautiful one.
I like a lot the landscapes you shared. Very special!
Happy WW and a fine Summer!❤️😘
I love all the variety of trails you have. I think it is important to get outside when you can and at least walk around a little bit.
...Pat, it's a pleasant surprise to see so much green along you trails. Thanks for taking me along to see the sights.
Very pretty.
Stunning photography! The local Colorado views are incredible and the nature quotes fit perfectly. Loved all the wildflower photos too.
Beautiful and peaceful nature
Great shots.
These are such beautiful photos. Colorado has so much to offer! Visiting from the Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party.
You and your posts make everyone want to pack up and go there. Soon for me I hope.
Worth a Thousand Words
Beautiful photographs and collages.
I enjoyed the quotes you've included in your post too.
Enjoy the last day of July and good wishes for the new month of August.
All the best Jan
You have some beautiful trails to use. I saw the birth of the twins and I love that you get to watch them grow. Thank you for linking up.
Can't decide what a like more - the beautiful views or the wise quotes. What a fun post.
Amalia
xo
Colorado is such a beautiful state! My husband used to have to travel there frequently for work, and I would go with him. During the days I would walk around. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.
Hello Pat,
Your do have beautiful scenery on your local walks.
I love all the flowers and your sweet deer.
Great post and photos.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Hi, Pat. All of your photos are beautiful. I really like the puffy fluffy clouds! I see why you prefer the trails over the gym.Thank you for sharing at Life Captured's HomePage Linkup!
All the best.
Debra @ Life Captured
Beautiful trail to visit. Seeing the fawns was wonderful.
I love the wildflower quote. I'll write these down in my journal tonight. I love nature as you know...and you have those grand landscapes right in your backyard! Hugs!
What beautiful trails, Pat. You're so lucky to have all of that on your doorstep. I love how you've shared the walks through every season, so pretty.
Those twin fawns are growing so quickly too! Have a lovely week ahead. :)
Great post, and I love the quotes. It's been dry here, slight drought. I walk more on vacation, sadly.
I love the trails here in Colorado. They have never disappointed us. We're always so thrilled to get out for a hike and enjoy the beautiful scenery here in Colorado. Your photos are beautiful, Pat. Happy to see you enjoying the trails and the beautiful nature.
Post a Comment