Monday, May 16, 2022

In the Merry Month of May



This was the view we had today at our oldest grandson's Lacrosse first playoff game.  It was a wonderful view of a large section of the Colorado foothills with the snow-capped Rocky Mountains in the distance behind them. His team won the game so they were all excited.  The beautiful field was artificial grass astroturf, I'm sure it is a good solution to have fields like this in a recent drought plagued state.



 
Another large beautiful cloud hung over the Little League baseball field where our middle grandson played in the middle of the week.  It always looks like it could rain but it never does. 




We attended our last Opera Colorado production for this season--the always magnificent Georges Bizet opera "Carmen,"  It was a lavish production in four acts.  The orchestra performed the music exceptionally well, led by conductor Ari Pelto. Soprano Kate Aldrich was magnificent as Carmen, and baritone Nmon Ford brought the house to their feet with his dramatic regal portrayal as the flashy toreador Escamillo, with tenor Bruce Sledge singing the emotional role as Don Jose. Another standout was soprano Susannah Biller in the poignant role of Michaela.

We wore our N95 masks during our entire time in the opera house. just to make sure we'd be safe from any covid exposure, even though masks were now optional to attend the performance. We were surprised by how few in the audience chose to wear them! I'd rather not take the risk, but I guess many do not care any longer.




May is the lilac season here and the air is perfumed by many throughout our neighborhood.




The weather is lovely so we can do much more outside...




...and soon beautiful wildflowers will be blooming along our local trails.



I'll close with this sweet photo. 

 I opened my side shade early one morning to see two deer resting in my yard. Next to the lower deer, in the lower right of the photo, was a young sleeping rabbit. They were so content and very close to each other. It was a vision reminiscent of the "peaceable kingdom" to me. Do you agree?

Have a wonderful week! 

You can also find me on

I'm linking this post to some of the following blog events:

 Mosaic MondayBlue Monday, Through My Lens MondayHearth, and Soul Link PartyYou Are the Star Blog Hop, Inspire Me MondayHome Matters Linky Party,  Good Random FunNature NotesGrand SocialTravel Photos, Travel TuesdayHappiness Is Homemade, Ruby TuesdayTuesday's TreasuresTuesdays With A Twist, Wordless Wednesday on a TuesdayWordless WednesdayOh My Heartsie Girl's Wonderful Wednesday, Wednesday My Corner of the WorldWonderful WednesdaySigns2 Little Things ThursdayThankful Thursday,  Thursday Encouraging Hearts and Home,  Thursday Favorite ThingsAll SeasonsWandering Camera--last Thursday of the month--Friendship FridaysFriday Features Linky Party, Skywatch FridayPink SaturdaySaturday SparksSaturday CrittersSunday on Silverado



Bookmark and Share

30 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Congrats to your grandson and his team! Beautiful views of the mountains and sky. I love the scene with the horseback riders. The deer and bunny is so cute, great sighting. Pretty lilacs, I love their scent. Take care, have a great new week!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The scenery at the field of the mountings and sky was so beautiful! I am glad you were able to attend the opera.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Deer really do look like peaceful creatures. I saw some yesterday on my hike but they saw me and froze. I love the photo with the horses too! Enjoy your week!

April Stephens said...

This is all so beautiful. My family had covid this past week, and I gotta say, your choice of mask sounds very wise about right now.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post ~ gorgeous country and photos ~ favorite is the sweet deer and of course news of your grandson ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Hena Tayeb said...

Barely anyone is wearing their masks anymore. My kids are among the very very few kids who are still wearing a mask.
We are getting so much rain.. I would happily send you a few rain clouds your way.

Joanne said...

What lovely photos! I bet the Opera was amazing!!

ellen b. said...

Merry indeed with such great scenes all the way around. So great to be close enough to enjoy your grands events!

Rambling Woods said...

Our lilacs are blooming too...Love their scent....

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those sky/cloud shots.

stevebethere said...

What a nice post and some great photos too that deer made me smile :-)

Have a deertastic week Pat 👍

Lydia C. Lee said...

Love the horse riding shot. The deer looks like A KANGAROO - i WAS CONFUSED AT first (ignore caps sorry!)

Karren Haller said...

Such amazing photos you have shared of the country, what a wonderful trip.

Angie said...

Pat - my garden is already dry ... May is usually a month of rain, but not much so far. Does not bode well for the fire season! How wonderful to experience such a fabulous opera! Deer and rabbit is peaceful ... Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Gorgeous clouds and rocks. My favourite combination!

-Soma

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Congratulations to your grandson. A beautiful post with the blue skies. Love all your photos and the deer is sweet.

Veronica Lee said...

What a wonderful trip!

I enjoyed the gorgeous photos you shared.

Congrats to your grandson!

Christie Hawkes said...

I do love the photo of the deer and the rabbit, so peaceful. All of the photos you shared are beautiful. A lovely way to start the day. Thank you. I found your post on the GRAND Social. Happy May!

mireille said...

I love the pictures with the rock formations. Such beautiful landcape.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Lowcarb team member said...

You live in a beautiful part of the world.
Stunning photographs.

All the best Jan

Jim said...

Heavenly skies.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful Spring in beautiful Colorado. (But I continue to wish for rain for you.) Lilacs!! How I miss them. The last picture does indeed look like a version of the Peaceable Kingdom -- lovely sight to see upon waking up. ... I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones still wearing those good masks. This thing really isn't over yet is it. I'm afraid a lot of people are going to find out the hard way. (I just hope the n-15 masks and the second booster we just got work for us.)

Lydia C. Lee said...

Thanks also for joining in #Allseasons

Photo Cache said...

That lilac is so beautiful. Spring days are glorious in Colorado. I hope to see the state someday.

Worth a Thousand Words

Spare Parts and Pics said...

That's a wild-looking cloud over the baseball field! I love your rock and boulder formations.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Pat, I love the lilac blooms. Pretty sky images. Congrats to your grandson and his team mates. The opera sounds wonderful. The deer so at home and relaxed in your yard, cute photo. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend!

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like a wonderful May. Such beautiful scenery. #allseasons

Light and Voices said...

In the Merry Month of May.....like the title. Liked seeing you having a grand time with your grandson, the deer, the flowers, etc. Busy month for you. Be safe. Enjoy your blog a lot each week.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Excellent sky shots!

Jeanie said...

What gorgeous photos of your Merry Month of May, Pat. I'm glad you could get a shot of the Carmen curtain call. What glorious costumes and I know the sets were fabulous too. It's nice to go somewhere again, isn't it? And love the deer!