Monday, May 30, 2022

Red Rock Majesty





Red rock majesty at Arrowhead Golf Course in Littleton, Colorado.





Arrowhead Golf Course is one of the top 10 most-photographed golf courses in the world, has been voted the #1 public golf course in the Denver area, as well as one of America's "Top 75 Public Courses" by Golf Digest. 



The scenery in this area is so beautiful!




There are thousands of feet of ancient red sandstone rocks in the golf course and it is adjacent to Roxborough State Park, which is comprised of 4,000 acres of trails, wildlife viewing, bird watching, and distinct plant communities among the 300 million-year-old rock formations.  I blogged extensively about Roxborough State Park in this post


 


Arrowhead Golf Club's magnificent championship layout serves as the centerpiece to a full-service daily fee property open to the public seven days a week for golf, dining, and special events.  We went to Arrowhead's On The Rocks Bar and Grill with friends to have lunch recently.





I enjoyed the delicious large Cobb Salad.  It was such a generous portion that I had to take half home to eat later.  

We enjoyed chatting and catching up with friends and enjoying the beautiful views at the golf course and in the Roxborough area. It is definitely a course to put on your agenda if you enjoy golf.




May 30th is Memorial Day where we remember and honor the military servicemen and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country.



"It is in your hands to create a better world for all who live in it."  
~ Nelson Mandela

This past week my grandchildren completed school for the year. Our middle grandson's school held a "continuation ceremony" at a local high school where I saw the mural above. He is continuing on to Middle School for the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. A very happy occasion for us,  but it was also a sad day in America as the tragedy of 19 children and two teachers lost to horrific gun violence in Texas occurred the same day. It was so heartbreaking.  I hope that with our voice and vote we can create a better world and future for us all.



As May winds down and June approaches I look forward to gardening and some travel.  

What are your plans for the summer? 

Have a wonderful week! 


Bookmark and Share

38 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful landscape photos. The golf course and the park are gorgeous.
Your lunch looks delicious. Love the mural. My wish is for more love and peace for all. Take care, enjoy your new week!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a beautiful golf course! Your lunch looks wonderful too. Congrats to your grand. This summer we are just hanging around home. I will walk the beach weekly and do some more painting.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Such beautiful photos of that beautiful golf course and the Cobb salad looks so colorful, healthy, and delicious. Looks like a wonderful day!

Hilly Nicolay said...

What a beautiful landscape.
The salad looks delicious.

In the summer I go boating, gardening and card making.
And whatever comes my way.

Hilly

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm especially enchanted by the mural of the hands with the Nelson Mandela quote. Stunning!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! I would visit that golf course for the scenery alone. Just spectacular .

Linda said...

What a beautiful place to visit and have lunch with friends. It's like the Garden of the Gods leaning a different direction!

Yes, my grand quads (who will be 10-years-old tomorrow at noon!) and their mommy are celebrating summer already! They are all water babies and will spend most of the summer at the pool and a vacation at the beach. I love the beach but usually go when school in in session!

I used to make summer plans but this year I may just stay close to home and the ranch!
I look forward to seeing what YOU do this summer!

Tom said...

...such rugged beauty.

NCSue said...

Thanks so much for sharing these lovely photos at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/05/gogh-if-you-can.html

Rambling Woods said...

" hope that with our voice and vote we can create a better world and future for us all."....We live in a suburb of Buffalo NY and both my husband and I taught in the school district....The last two weeks have been horrific......Michelle

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

The views you shared are wonderful. I'd love to try the salad too.

William Kendall said...

Breathtaking landscapes.

stevebethere said...

You never fail such beautiful photos again I always enjoy and of course that food heheh!

Have a cobbsaladtastic week 👍

ellen b. said...

Such amazing landscape and rock croppings. Beautiful. Wonderful photos. That Cobb salad looks amazing.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Those openning two photos are amazing - the formations, that is. Lovely to see #BlueMonday

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love it that you are able to participate in your grandchildren's special events. The kids are our future and our hope. I'm glad you are there to be part of their lives.

That last photo is truly spectacular!!

Jeanie said...

That's a fabulous looking Cobb salad -- and yes, I can see why you brought half home! You are in beautiful country. My friends Sharon and John are leaving tomorrow for Red Rocks where their son (Lord Huron) is playing this week. I call them the Parent Groupies! I hope they take in the rest of the sights around your beautiful area.

Hena Tayeb said...

Gorgeous rocks and that salad.. wow.

diane b said...

Wow what a beautiful golf course. I used to play golf many years ago. the rock formations are fascinating too. It must be nice to have the grandchildren on holiday. It must be a worry for you all when they are in school hoping that they will stay safe. We find the attitude towards gun laws in your country unbelievable. I hope the laws can be changed soon.

dee Nambiar said...

What a lovely place to go golfing! Those rocks look spectacular!
At first I thought they were the Flatirons. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The mural is stunning. I would frame a copy of that including the quote if I could -- along with your own words, this post gives me hope, which is much needed right now. Thank you for your thoughts so well expressed. I never can do that well, so I just keep my blog my "happy place." (Or sometimes, I feel like I keep on rambling inanely in the face of current events.) ..... The red rock area is beautiful -- I am going now to link back to your State Park post and read more about this lovely area. (We will be traveling to Oregon later this month. That is as far as our summer plans have gotten!)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful area your photographs are lovely.
What a delicious Cobb Salad that looks, definitely yummy :)

Have a happy month of June.

All the best Jan

betty-NZ said...

Awesome scenery! Nature is certainly wonderful to see and share.

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Joanne said...

I can see why that golf course is photographed so much; how beautiful!

Tanya Breese said...

Beautiful rock formations!

Light and Voices said...

I always look forward to reading your thoughts and seeing what you see and do weekly. The golf course is absolutely gorgeous.

Penelope Notes said...

Scenes from the golf course are otherworldly. The mural of the hands is so perfectly symbolic.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

What a gorgeous area. So unique in every way.
Your salad looks so tasty!

Create With Joy said...

Lovely photos as always. That Cobb Salad looks delicious!
Have a wonderful week! :-)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I do love cobb salad so I'm enjoying that photo. Your landscape pics are beautiful. You have really captured the red rock and the landscape.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I do love cobb salad, so I am really enjoying your pic. Also, your landscape pics are stunning. The red rock is amazing.

Nancy's Notes said...

What a fantastic post! Your photographs are truly spectacular! I think I'm on it; Cobb Salad is a must for dinner!

margi said...

The red rocks are amazing and the food looks delicious!

Jill Harrison said...

wow, such an amazing landscape. I really liked the mural you shared and the words that went with it. We were so saddened to hear of the tragedy at the school in the US. When will humanity ever learn this is never right and do something about it. Thankyou so much for visiting my blog last week. Enjoy your week ahead.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I am very glad you were able to enjoy the ceremony with your grandson. The red rocks are amazing and you photographed them so beautifully.

-Soma

Ida said...

those rocks are amazing and beautiful. That salad looked so delicious.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

HI Pat,

Is Arrowhead Restaurant open to the general public!
Great photos! laura in Colorado

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

HI Pat,
Love these photos and you sharing all of our Colorado sites.
Is Arrowhead restaurant open to the public.

Laura