Monday, November 29, 2010

HomeGoods for the Holidays

*For the following post I was provided a $25 gift card to Home Goods provided by a BlogHer and HomeGoods promotion.

I love HomeGoods, the store that has a large variety of household goods with savings up to 60% off and new shipments every week so the variety is always changing. So, when BlogHer asked some bloggers if we wanted to participate in a HomeGoods "Holiday Gifts Under $25" program, I jumped to the opportunity!


As soon as my $25 gift card arrived I drove over to my closest HomeGoods store, located in the Rockville Center Shopping Center,150 N Village Ave, Rockville Center, New York.


It was the Friday after Thanksgiving, so even though I arrived bright and early, shoppers had already taken up most of the parking places in the shopping center!


I just love this store! As soon as I entered the interior lobby with my shopping cart I was greeted with this view of some large novel items for sale, and I could already feel my adrenaline pumping in shopping anticipation.  I have found some wonderful items at HomeGoods in the past -- from picture frames, a mirror, cookbooks, children's books, dishes and kitchen gadgets, sheets, a tablecloth and a bedspread, packaged holiday food specialties, and toys.  All were from top companies and at very affordable prices. There are always tempting bargains available in HomeGoods that I can't resist, and I never leave the store empty handed.


I also love how the goods for sale are beautifully coordinated and displayed!  Just look at this delightful grouping of red holiday items available in my HomeGoods store this past weekend in the photo above and the green items in the photo below. There are thousands of wonderful gift items available in HomeGoods for the holidays for under $25. Just look at all the ideas they show on their web page, or you can order gift card at this link.  Not sure if there is a HomeGoods located in your area? Check the store locate link on their homepage.


As you can see the store was filled with a wonderful assortment of holiday dishes, decorative items and gift foods.  There are many beautiful and  thoughtful gift Items you can buy a friend, neighbor or teacher for the holidays or other occasions.


There are also isles and isles of year round goods and decorative accessories in HomeGoods, such as this wonderful collection of unique folk pottery made in Poland.


Just look how well stocked the children's toy section was!



This was the section of the store where I knew I'd find the gifts I wanted to buy with my gift card.


There were so many wonderful choices of quality toys, puzzles, games and children's room decorative items in HomeGoods just in time for Christmas shopping!

My son and  daughter-in-law like durable toys for my young grandson that challenge him to use his imagination and that are educational, age appropriate and made from safe materials. With my $25 HomeGoods gift card I was able to purchase the following two wonderful toys for Christmas for my grandson:


I bought the Melissa and Doug "Cutting Food Set"  for $14.99  Which contains eight pieces of wooden food, a cutting board and a wooden knife. The food makes a fun "CRUNCH" sound when sliced. My grandson can learn the concepts of whole, halves and quarters when cutting the food, plus pretend he is cooking along side his Mommy in the kitchen, as he like to do.


I was also able to purchase this Melissa and Doug "Take Along Tool Kit" for $9.99 that contains twenty-four, wooden pieces including tools, nails, screws, nuts and bolts. All little boys love to build and this will help my grandson develop manual dexterity as he hammers pegs into the holes and  twists on bolts to screws. 


I have to admit I found so many wonderful toy bargains in HomeGoods that I bought a few more to have on hand for future gift occasions, or for my grandson to play with at our house when he visits us.Thank you Blogher and HomeGoods for helping me with my Christmas shopping this year!

Do you have children, grandchildren, or nieces and nephews, that you would like to buy holiday toys for or perhaps you need a gift for the "MarineToys for Tots Foundation" program? Try shopping HomeGoods for a wonderful selection of affordable quality toys and gift selections for your entire family!


Would you like a chance to win a $100 HomeGoods gift card or one of 20 $25 HomeGoods gift cards?  See the Bloghers Exclusive Offers page for details, and to see what other bloggers were able to purchase with their $25 gift card!  Good luck!



Bookmark and Share

38 comments:

Carol said...

Pat, I go to that Homegoods all the time, mainly because there is an excellent pizza place next door! and Greek down the block!

Your grandson will be thrilled with those gifts, fun toys!

Joyce said...

I am totally addicted to Home Goods. Can't go past one without driving into the parking lot and then setting my credit card on fire with purchases. I was catching up on your past posts and enjoyed the parade and A City post. Have a wonderful holiday season.
Joyce

RoeH said...

I've never even been inside of a Homegoods store. I never ever heard of it until a couple months ago on a blog. Okay..today I'm going to find one and go in. And shop!

Gracie said...

Isn't it fun to go to shopping????

Judy said...

Good for you, Pat! I am not familiar with Homegoods...nowhere near my place, I guess...but it looks like a wonderful store. I am familiar with Melissa & Doug...they make great toys!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We don't have Homegoods down here---or at least, I have not heard of it... BUT--I'm not a shopper, so I may have just missed it... When I do shop these days, it's always Walmart --or I order online (which is GREAT)....

Looks like Homegoods is a neat store though... Great post, Pat.
Hugs,
Betsy

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Home Goods is one of the few stores that I can actually spend $25.00 or less and walk out satisfied! They always have wonderful things and great bargains. Now I will have to go and enter for this ...thanks Pat.
♥, Susan

Kathleen said...

I love Home Goods too! If you are ever in ACMoore they carry Melissa and Doug too, as well as Lincoln Logs and other educational toys and you can use your 40% off coupon.
Good to keep as gifts for when you need them.
Home Goods is right across the street from TJMaxx, so I usually hit both of them.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I love Home Goods too. It's a fabulous store full of bargains. Their pillows are my favorite.
Sam

pam said...

What a fun looking store. We don't have those around here. So bright and colorful. Hope your week is grand Pat!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh I smiled at your toy pictures. I just purchased cut up fruit for two of my grands for christmas. .and I have that exact tool kit for our house. I assure you. .the tool kit will be a big hit . .just hopefully the hitting stays on the wooden nails.
We don't have a home goods in Canada but it looks just like our Home Sense. .must be related.

Sandy said...

I love HomeGoods! And I haven't been to shop there for quite awhile. I hope to get out soon to see all of their Christmas goodies.

Donnie said...

I don't think we have a Homegoods store around here but I'll check. Thanks for telling us about it. Take care.

Old Kitty said...

Awwww I love the colour coordinated things on display - how lovely!! And what great toys too!! Congratulations with your voucher - I think you chose very well too!! Your grandson will be so happy!!! I think the closest I can imagine is like a HomeGoods here would be John Lewis!

Oh shopping is such fun when the shop itself is well laid out and thoughfully and carefully stacked!!!

Take care
x

Cheryl D. said...

Wow! You scored! I received one of those gift cards too and will be heading out soon today to buy something (probably for me!).

Anonymous said...

I'm going to check it out...I've been hearing about HomeGoods a lot recently but never had a first person review...Thanks Pat...I can always use well made toys for the g'kids...and sometimes I get tired of shopping at Walmart...will check and see if there's one close by...

Arlene Delloro said...

HomeGoods is one of my favorite stores, though ours doesn't have such a well stocked children's department. I love the "cutable" fruit.

Yvette said...

There's a Home Goods five minutes from my house. It's my home away from home. I LOVE IT!!! And to make matters even better, the store sits right next to a Marshall's. How convenient is that?
They're both owned by the same company, so it's kind of handy.:)

nanny said...

We don't have Homegoods in my neck of the woods...it looks like a great place to shop. You are so right, their displays are very nice...
I love Melissa and Doug toys...you made two great choices, I'd say! Your grandson will love those..

Donna said...

I love Home Goods! One of my favorite shops, however, the closest one is an hour and a half away.

I love the cute gifts you bought!

Hugs,
Donna

Proud Italian Cook said...

Pat I have a HomeGoods less than 15minutes from my house and I go there all the time, I always find great gifts there and goodies for myself! Great gifts for Little L!

Vittle me this... said...

I have never been to a Home Goods, I may have to check that out!

Debbiedoos said...

This store gives me goose bumps! Oh I love it, and I love how they have all their colors in one section. Enjoy, and thanks for popping over.

The Gathering Place said...

We have Homegoods here in Utah and I like to shop there. They have fun things. Lucky you!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never heard of this store! We don't have any around here, wish we did! I like the way the things are all in groups by color. You got a good deal on the Melissa & Doug food set, they cost more around here. We love M & D! We have the pizza set and the cookie set and have given the ice-cream set as a gift.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I have loved Marshall/Homegoods for years! Ours is a combined store here. I've only been in a stand alone Homegoods store in Illinois - wonderful!

You picked some wonderfl things. I'll have to check out that offer!

dianasfaria.com said...

I love this store in Rockville Center.
It's one of the more organized ones & always has a nice variety of things to peruse.

GailO said...

I love HomeGoods! I love Melissa and Doug!

H said...

I've never heard of Homegoods. We obviously don't have them over here. Seems like I'm missing out on that one! Oh well.

Unknown said...

Goodness..any shopping trip is a great trip! I love all those Christmassy stuff there, it's also on promo here...everything Christmas, enticing everyone to spend more ;) Happy week ahead Pat.

diane b said...

I think you might be a closet shopperholic. Thanks for taking me around another of your favourite stores. Its a shame it is so faraway. I haven't seen those stores here.

Claudia said...

I zeroed in on the pottery and somehow knew you would find the toys! I don't think MN has this store - so I love walking down the aisles with you. I think I could happily spend my paycheck there.

Vee said...

Oh you did well! And now I'm itching to get to HomeGoods, which is one of my favorite stores as well.

Beverly said...

Pat, I am so there with you. I love Home Goods. And, I have never left there empty handed.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love Home Goods too! I actually used to be a guest blogger for them! You got some great toys. I love that they will inspire imagination.
Hugs,
Penny

Pondside said...

The things I learn from blogs!
We don't have HomeGoods up here, but I have a trip to WA planned for next week. I'll do a little google research and find one near our hotel. Thanks for the tips!

The Single Nester said...

I have been to this HG. Love your photos - as always!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful place to shop. I was oooing over the red polka dots. :-) I am noticing red more now my kitchen is white with red accents. :-)

The velcro cut food is a brilliant buy. Here in the UK the ELC (early learning centre) chain of shops sells it. My children loved it- they would play at picnics together and the bits weren't too small when son was a toddler putting things in his mouth.