Thursday, November 13, 2008

37 Weeks! And an Award For All and a Meme.

I can hardly believe there are less than three weeks until my daughter-in-law gives birth to our first grand child! Today is her last day at work teaching first grade, and she will begin her official maternity leave. It was hard for her to be on her feet all day, and her doctor told her to rest more and elevate her legs, so the only way to do that is to be home. I'm glad she will have a little time for herself before the baby is born to rest and prepare. This may the most exciting Thanksgiving of my son and daughter-in-law will ever have! I know that I am so excited and I can't wait to get the news! Please say a prayer for them that all will go well. Thank you!

******************************************

I was given the "Premio Dardos" award by Nanatrish @ Nana's Living The Dream. Thank you so much,Trish! You are always so kind to think of me, and I feel like you are as excited as I am about my impending entrance into grand parenthood! It's so nice to share that joy with you!

I did a Google search to find out what the award means, and I found this information on a nice blog that received it awhile ago: "This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day."

That blog also said the rules said it has to be passed on to 15 blogs, but since Trish did not not give me those rules I'd like to pass this award on to ALL my readers, as I feel that all our blogs try to follow those values. Please accept it from me with gratitude for your friendship and daily encouragement!

*********************************

Maryann @ Finding La Dolce Vita tagged me yesterday with an unusual meme that I told her I'd try today. Maryann shares very authentic Italian recipes and lore on her blog, and I've learned a lot from her.

The meme rules:

Rule 1. List the first ten people who have commented on your last blog post. If you’re on my list then you should do the meme on your blog, too! ( But only if you want to, of course, as I know what a busy time of the year this is!)

Here are the first ten people who commented on my last blog post from #1 to #10:

1) Mama ( Kathy) @ Casa Dolce Casa

2) Pat @ Back Porch Musings

3) Sherry @ Edie Marie's Attic

4) M. Kate @ LA VIE EST BELLE

5) Bo @ Blinks 'N Winks From Brown-Eyes

6) Nola @ Alamo North

7) Melissa Miller @ Melissa's Heart & Home

8) Rue @ Rue's Peanut Butter & Jelly Life

9) Camille @ Rtemis

10) Willow @ WILLOW'S COTTAGE


Rule 2). The meme questions: 10 Blogs, 15 Questions.

1: What is your favorite post from number 3’s blog?
Oh, that's a hard one! Sherry has shared so many beautiful decorating projects since she began her blog. I have to say her post about her new sign making endeavor ( see my prior post) was exciting, as she does beautiful decorative painting work. The painted highchair and table and chair set she made for her two grand daughters posts were amazing too!

2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you?
I loved all the photos she's shown of her baby grandson! It was seeing her little grand with a hand knitted bunny that she made which prompted me to order one for my future grandson. Willow knits beautifully and her bunnies are heirloom quality!

3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog?
Of course! Nola is a very sweet lady and lots of fun too!

4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from?
Pat is from the beautiful state of Missouri! Her decorating style and travel photos from around her state are all exquisite.

5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be?
Melissa's blog is relatively new, so I would tell her not to stress out about blogging but to enjoy it and make some good friends along the way.

6. Have you ever tried something from number 9’s blog?
Yes! Camille is baker extraordinaire and she's given me many new recipes to try. Check out her chocolate cake from a couple days ago -- I could eat the whole thing!

7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you?
Kathy is a Londoner living in San Francisco and has traveled all over the world with her husband when she accompanies him on business trips. She recently went back to London to visit her family. All of her travel posts are inspiring! Kathy has a great sense of humor and she likes to have fun on her blog too. I always enjoy visiting her, and we even had a chance to meet once in person in NYC!

8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog?
As often as I can, as I always try to see M. Kate's new posts about her country of Malaysia and surrounding areas. I always learn something new from . Kate, as she shares the most interesting information about the culture, religion, life style and customs of the people of Malaysia, and she's a lot of fun too!

9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly?
I think EVERYONE in blogland waits for Rue to post, as she is one of the most popular bloggers I know, and it is easy to see why, as she is honest and caring and opens the door to her home to everyone. Visiting her blog is like having a cup of coffee or tea with a best buddy, and sharing what is going on in your life.

10. How did number 5’s blog change your life?
I've only been reading Bo's blog for a few weeks but I love how she writes and the encouragement she gives on her blog. I think her blog post about how she got her name was one of my favorite posts by her so far.

11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person?
I met Kathy once, but other than that we are all friends of the heart.

12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person?
I don't think so.

13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently?
Everyone is good about updating, so I really can't tell.

14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing?
I think all have shared happy post that has made me smile.

15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)?
As a person gets to know a fellow blogger well you become interested in their life, so I have been happy and sad at quite a few occurrences in the lives of all of them that I know well. I'd say they are all interesting and accomplished women who are sharing a portion of themselves and helping to make the world a better place!

Wow! That was the longest meme I've ever participated in! I hope some of the ten bloggers I named will try it too!


Sorry, but I have a yucky cold which is giving me a big headache today, and making me very tired. I might spend the rest of the afternoon having a big cup of tea and then napping. If I don't get to visit you today I'll do my best to catch up this weekend!

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the weekend!

28 comments:

Camille said...

Hi, Pat!

Thanks for the Meme...as I'm in the midst of packing, never fun, I'll get to it when I'm back from NC.

I have good intentions (fingers crossed) of writing out a few recipes while I'm sitting around between games. One of those is the eggplant parm. I may take a while, but I don't forget :)

Nola said...

Thanks Pat, I'll try to get to the Meme soon! Hope you are feeling better!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What an unusual meme! I've never seen that one before.

How wonderful that your grandbaby will be here soon. I have a new niece I'll be spending time with over Thanksgiving and I can hardly wait.

Enjoy your weekend and feel better soon! -Julia :-)

Bo said...

Hi Pat...I know your heart is beating a little faster everyday waiting for that grandson...I was amazed at how clear his face is in the sonogram...he's going to be a looker! This is a most unusual meme and I appreciate all the nice things you said about my blog. Yes, I will do this one...and I will remember you son & DIL in prayer. ;-) Bo

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Pat, Thank you so much! This is really neat. I have an award to post tonight and then I will try this one as well. Your new grandson is beautiful in his 1st photo. Amazing what they can capture today. They are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you feel better soon. ~Warmly, Melissa

Gina said...

Great meme Pat and congrats on your awards...how exciting only 3 weeks for the best Christmas present ever!!
Hope you're feeling better very soon and enjoy your weekend Gxox

Unknown said...

Pat,
I understand how excited you are! And all of your blogging buddies are waiting on the news too!

Your daughter in law has done great working this long-lots of teachers don't make it this far!

Love your new meme...fun to read!
Diane

Bo said...

Just coming back by to tell you I'm posted... ;-) Bo

Kathy said...

Pat, I hope your DIL gets plenty of rest and all goes well with the arrival of your little lad, I guess you will be traveling to meet him real soon, I am excited for you. Congrats on your award and thank you I will accept it for my blog, This is such a neat meme thank you for the lovely kind words, I will do this asap, meanwhile take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better soon, hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Pat, I so enjoyed your meme today. That is some task and you did a great job.

I hope you feel better Pat. Take a break and get some rest.

Hugs...Jeanne

Picket said...

Hey girl...I am so excited for you and the close arrival of the grandbaby....I have 12 and I steal squeal! lol Great meme girl..loved all the answers and I hope you get to feeling better..having a cold is bad enough but to have it at the holidays is double whammy! lol Have a great weekend friend!

Paula said...

Hi, Pat,
I'm a total stranger who wants to comment on your lovely blog! I wandered across it the other day when I was looking for recipes for our B&B, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. Hope you don't mind that I tagged you so that I can come back again for more of your creative postings yummy recipes!

Blessings from Tennessee!
Paula

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

This was fun to read! I am so sorry you have a cold on this November weekend and both Edward and I wish you lots of rest, lots of tea, hot soup and sleep! Feel better!

Strider said...

Father, we pray for a safe delivery of the new life, good health for the mother and the baby, and that your wisdom and blessing would be upon the parents as they raise the child. In Jesus Name...Amen.

Vee said...

Now that was an interesting meme. You're a trooper to even attempt it with a cold.

Just three weeks? Oh, I do hope that the babe is right on time so that his parents and grandparents don't have to wait any longer than necessary.

I am glad that your daughter-in-law has some free time, too. I think it's important. Hope that she really gets her rest and reading in. :D

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Only 3 more weeks! How exciting. I can remember my son calling me at work to tell me I had a grandson. Now, I knew for 9 months I was going to be a grandmother, but when I got that call, my knees buckled, I sat down and cried like a baby....It was the BEST feeling ever!
Hugs,
Penny

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Wow! I can't believe it's only 3 more weeks!! I'm very excited for you too:)
Congrats on your award...always well deserved!
That was the most ambitious meme I have ever seen! Good job completing it:D

Just A Girl said...

Hi Pat,
What a huge meme!! That one would have taken two days to complete. I think I've already posted over here today. Oh I guess I haven't. I hope your having a wonderful beginning to your weekend.
xo Cori

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon. Love your answers to all those questions. That must have taken forever to answer all those.

How sweet of Sherry to send all those lovely gifts. She really is a wonderful lady and always so thoughtful. I love her and Wes.

Hugs,
Joanne

Louise said...

Hope you are beginning to recover from your cold Pat. Congratulations on yet another award! Three weeks to go, you must be so excited. Sending best wishes to you and your family. x

Anonymous said...

All of them are new to me. I want to visit them all. Feel better!! I command you!! haha

Baby Vagabond said...

Hope you feel better soon! I will anxiously be waiting for news of your little one. The time really rolled around fast, didn't it? Best Wishes for all!
((hugs)) Rosie

Anonymous said...

That was so interesting Pat. I hope you feel better soon. rest up hun. 3 weeks! I'm so excited for you.

by Danie said...

I'm as excited as you are for the baby arrival, your grand son and my grand daughter. My daughter Helene is still working, she finds it hard too, but she will take her leave just before Christmas only.
Get well soon.

Rue said...

Pat! You are so sweet, but I think you're delusional from that cold. The thought that people wait for me to post... awwww... shucks... I'm blushing.... really! I sure do love you and your blog and I'll have to do this meme for sure :)

A baby for Christmas... best kind of present there is ;)

(((hugs)))
rue

Anonymous said...

Thanks for passing on the award.

Paz

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I hope you're feeling better!

I was up in Woodstock NY this weekend...without a computer (te horror! :-) I'm actually enjoying catching up on my reading, and can not BELIEVE the countdwon is really on for your grandson's arrival! Time flies. I'll be sending good thoughts and well wishes your family's way.

xo, Laura

Unknown said...

Just 3 weeks left? Thats going to go by so fast! I'm so excited for you, I hope you built up alot of air miles! I just love that sonogram picture, I have never seen one like that, you actually see all his features, I just love his nose!