Friday, March 14, 2008

Easter's on it's way.....

Easter comes so early this year! I feel as if I'm not as prepared as I should be. I still have shamrocks decorating my house for St. Patrick's Day, but I did place a few bunnies and spring flowers on a mantle, and the beautiful Irish Waterford crystal Celtic Cross my husband gave me as a gift.

As usual, I started collecting links for some Easter inspiration, and I'd like to share them here, adding to them as the days get closer to Easter Sunday.

The History Channel has a wonderful video on its website explaining the holiday of Easter, and all its symbolism, both religious and secular.

Life Scripts also has an interesting article about the history behind the symbolism of the Easter bunny.

Home Cooking at About. com has the history of Easter Eggs and some recipe ideas of what to do with all those hard boiled eggs!

Prepared Pantry has suggestions on how to prepare colored eggs. They also have a nice selection of food colorings and sugar decorating crystals. I've ordered their products, and the service and quality were wonderful.


Celebrations has wonderful and fanciful Easter egg decorating ideas! The egg "pets" are so cute!

Martha Stewart has been hosting four weeks of Easter workshops on her website. Lots of beautiful ideas!

HGTV has a treasure trove of Easter crafts, decorations, recipes, activities and free e-cards on their website.

Woman's Day Magazine has some adorable Easter crafts! Check out their little embroidered stuffed felt bunnies!

Good Housekeeping has some very unique "make your own" Easter basket ideas, and egg decorating ideas and bunny fold napkins.


Hershey's has lots of craft and decoration instructions using their candy.


Kaboose has lots of fun crafts for children, coloring pages, word puzzles, Easter egg hunt ideas and recipes.

Nestle Very Best Baking has Easter cookie, cupcakes and treats recipes.

More links to follow this weekend!

12 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Very pretty, that crystal cross is a beautiful keepsake of your trip to Ireland!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Pat! Love your cross! What fabulous links for all of us to look at, you are TOO good to us! Thanks and have a great weekend! Sherry

CatHerder said...

Very pretty pic...I dont like when Easter is this early....great links, i sent the bunny fold to my sisters email, and told her im not eating dinner at her house unless she makes the bunny naps!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Pat,
Your cross is beautiful! Thank you for all the wonderful links!
Penny

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This year is a strange mix of St Patricks day and Easter. Reminds me of when I was looking at Halloween things with christmas on the next shelf.

Anonymous said...

Great collection of links for Easter. I look forward to dyeing eggs more than my kids do - or did! Too early this year, with St Pats falling in Holy Week - how bizarre!

Love your decorating.

Tara said...

Great links, thank you--I feel like somwone did the homework for me! Hee-hee!
:0)
Tara

kari and kijsa said...

Beautiful crystal cross! thank you for all the wonderful links!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mockingbird Hill said...

Hi Pat...your Easter decorations are so sweet! And, I REALLY enjoyed my visit to Ireland..almost like being there.. ;)

Your little squirrel dish will be on his way to you tomorrow...thanks so much and have a great week!

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cross! I'll have to check on the Martha link. Easter being so early has really thrown me off - I'm hardly ready!

Manuela

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Pat! I'll be expecting you!!
Sherry

Louise said...

Thanks for the links Pat, I have now made three Martha Stewart Bunny Fold Napkins in a matter of minutes! I shall save the template. x