Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fanciful Christmas wreaths


This Christmas season, when I hauled all the boxes down from the attic to begin the process of decorating the house, I realized I have accumulated way too much "stuff"! I opened one large container, peaked in and closed it again right away and brought it back to the attic. It was full of "early years" decorations from the 70's and 80's and 90's -- mercury glass bulbs that were tarnishing, little plastic and ceramic holiday knick-knacks that the kids brought home from elementary school PTA sales as gifts and assorted tree ornaments that I haven't used for years.

Sadly, I decided I'd take the box down again after Christmas and throw most of its contents away, even though those things were a part of a lot of memories.
But luckily I found this website tonight:
http://www.sisboom.com/showcase_wreaths.htm#

Sis Boom is a store in Connecticut sells handcrafted Christmas wreaths that are literally dripping with old Christmas baubles, trinkets and bric-a-brac! They are a colorful explosion of gaudiness, but they also contain so much old-time holiday "eye candy" as to guarantee a lot of nostalgia and conversation by all that see them.

Now I'll be on the lookout for some wreath forms to use to make my own for display next year.

Who knows ...... you just might get one as a gift! :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Can't wait to see yours they are alot of fun to make...